G2.1U review by Zoom

Zoom: G2.1U

Purchased from: Another owner

I am currently using an Aria PRO II, Diamond Series with Fender Lace Sensors on neck & mid. I only own a 15-watt brandless guitar practice amp. During gigs, I'd plug into whatever is on the set so I guess I should have full use of whatever Zoom G2.1u has to offer in terms of sound versatility. I'm always after 80's & 90's rock-type distortions like Van Halen, Dream Theater, and Metallica to name a few and I believe I've nailed some of their settings into my unit. Clean tones/reverbs/choruses are very nice and very crystal clear. I attribute the buzz noise from my Lace sensors. Haven't got time to fix it atm.

I've been playing guitar for over 12 years now. I usually favor classic rock and metal and all that stuff. Half of my guitar-playing has been a journey for the right tone and effects since this was the time I started playing a more varied sort of music. I would have chosen those stomp boxes over any multi-effects anytime but I just don't have the budget this is where G2 comes in. I've compared the G2 against my 05 and 707. All three have distinct flavors. I chose G2 to be 'fuller' in tone. I've also had an encounter with this other guitarist Who had been using a Boss multi-effects for 2 years and he thought of buying a G2. If my G2 unit gets stolen if it gets stolen! I'm keeping this baby under my bed! The only thing I wish this unit would have is the patch name. The 707 had a LED display of up to 6 characters + 2 (patch/bank).

Unlike the 2 other multi-effects that I have which are made in hard plastic, G2\.1U is made out of metal. It's a plus-raised-to-X for me since I travel a lot with my meager gear. I've never used a backup ever since I got into playing. Overall very reliable and durable enough on most gigs.

Since I previously owned two other Zoom products (Zoom 505 & Zoom 707), I'd say that Zoom Corporation has had ease-of-use inherent in it's products. Getting a good sound isn't really much of a hassle because once you plug into it and into an amp, you'd be surprised how fun tweaking could have been. Most of the possible sounds you hear from records are within a few tweaks away. The manual is simple and very comprehensible as are the manuals of my previous Zoom effects pedals.

Johnny G
    mattmcavoy400
    Johnny G wrote: Hey all, first off, i'm a total noob when it comes to stuff like this! At the moment I have this pedal going into a shitty Marshal MG15CD but i'm getting rid of that amp and getting a tube amp, probably a JCM 2000. Will I need the pedal with this better amp or will the effects on the amp be enough? ANY advice would be very appreciated.
    A JCM 2000 doesn't come with any effects apart from reverb.
    BUBOY R
    smile,,thats what ive felt so an easy of myself bcos i feel happy for this small but a lot of effects and ideas..easy to use easy to edit on the spot.why should i buy expensive gadgets compare for this one..