G2.1U review by Zoom

Zoom: G2.1U

Purchased from: Daddys Music Dartmouth

I currently use this with a Peavey Bandit 112, and it makes an excellent combination. Depending on how much gain the setting has, it can be fairly noisy. If you simply put the amplifier on the clean setting and use that to change the volume, it will sound amazing. There are many distortion effects to choose from, all of them make a different sound type. Some of them have a smoother, brighter sound, but some have a sharp, dark, metal sound.

I play a wide variety of genres, ranging from classic acoustic to metal, and I feel that it always has what I want on it. I have been playing for 2.5 years and I think that every guitarist should have this pedal, and if I were to lose it I would make sure that it gets replaced, because life without this just isn't right.

I have been using this for about 2 years without much problem, I always have the DC adapter plugged in because it runs out of battery life quicky. If you were to play at a gig with this, I strongly recommend that you use the DC adapter that comes with it or bring extra batteries.

Having this one pedal is like having over 50 different effects pedals to choose from, not to mention you can make your own sound with ease. The manual clearly states how to set it up and if you would like, connect it to your computer to record. It comes with Steinberg cubase LE recording software, which is an excellent program to record with. The G2\.1U also has a built in drum Machine to help you stay on tempo always. It comes with an easy to use tuner as well.