G2.1U review by Zoom

Zoom: G2.1U

curretly I use the G2.1U with an Ibanez prestiege s and a Crate GT1200h/G412SL half stack it gets a little noisy on any of the distortion settings without the EQ turned on but that's what my amp always does. The effects sound great especially when I'm just playin into a set of headphones. All of the effects sound great it's just a little awkward using wah pedal for the chorus, flanger, and phaser settings but other than that it's great.

I play a mix between hardcore (Bloodsimple and Atreyu) to death metal (Naplam Death, Morbid Angel, and Cannibal Corpse) I've been playing for about 6 years on and off until about 2 years ago when I just started playin again and have rarely ever put my guitar down. I also own a Ibanez iceman 400 and an inbanezz RG270DX. I just wish that the G2.1U and a drum machine that had some fast paced double bass sets in it.

I can depend on it because of it's rugged and solid construction. If I lived in a perfect world where nothing went wrong at a gig I would depend on it fully without a back up system but I always lug my coffin case pedal board with my 6 pedals mounted even though I've never had a problem with the G2.1U since I got it.

This is the easiest multi-effects pedal that I've ever used. The editing patches are great I especially like the "1984" patch because I play a lot of Van Halen covers and it's like I'm back in 84 and playing the same sound equipment as eddie Van Halen. The manual was a little confusing at first until I started playin around with the knobs while I was reading the manual.

[B]C [R]ich
    Kikuta : Yeah, it's an alright pedal. I really hate all the distortion patches, they're downright awful (Okay, save two or three that sound right for certain things). I don't need the distortion anyway, so it's all good. The rest of the effects are really great sounding, some kickass reverb and delay options in there. The wah options aren't bad either - comparing them to a CryBaby Original gave pretty similar results for the zoom patch to the original - in some cases better results. Mind you, the patch selector buttons have gone to hell on mine - sometimes they won't work at all - you really need to push them in hard. The expression pedal is really bloody tight too, you can hear the squeaking all too well. Probably just needs an oiling. Regardless, I'd give it a 7/10. It's a GREAT pedal for recording, no doubt about it, but don't get it for live performances. And if you really have the cash, you want a Boss GT8.
    i know i have the same problem and im not sure what to do...i wanna gig with this thing cuz my distortion is amazing, but the buttons just arent reliable, all in all a great pedal
    [B]C [R]ich
    oh and ima share the nest distortion setting on this thing it will blow you all away. compresion-6, FS, 80 wah-off ZNR-nr, 6 Drive-Ed(EXTREME DISTORTION!)60, 9, 80 EQ-12, 7, 12 Extra EQ-2, 9, 12 mod-off delay-off reverb-HL, 10, 5, 30 no mess a bit with the EQ n Extra EQ cuz that just makes it suit my amp. mess with those 2 and add all that and i garuntee youll have an amazing sounding disto..perfect for metal
    AC-DC luva
    the software that comes with the pedal is pretty sketchy u dont need it to use the pedal but u need it for recording. nonetheless great pedal 10 out of 10