G2.1U review by Zoom

Zoom: G2.1U

Purchased from: Ivars Musikk

I have a Ibanez RGR-320EX for main guitar and a Fender Frontman 212R for amp. I have use only clean channel on my amp if you use Drive it will probably make noise. And I also have treble, mid and bass fixed on the amp to get extra sound out of the pedal. actually this pedal made me playing less noisy and more smooth if you like to say that. Sometimes the volume will go down or up when you edit patches. All you have to do is turn volume down or up on your amp. But if you have one patch that's low and a patch that's loud right after you may want to turn down or up your amp before changing patch. This might depend on the amp. I play music like CoB (Children Of Bodom) blind guardian, Metallica and I haven't found patch for blind guardian but Metallica has plenty of patches lying on the web.

I love this pedal. Again I play music like CoB (Children Of Bodom) Blind guardian and Metallica. I haven't tried to make my own patch for Blind Guardian and not all songs have the same sound so it's hard to find a patch that fits all songs for that band. But you don't need it to be exact when your not gonna release a album around the world. I wish the wah wah where less auto and more manual. But that's how it goes.

I depend very much on it. but if you don't have the AC adapter you probably gonna go low on batteries very fast. I haven't played without the ac adapter so I don't now. But probably you will go low on batteries fast. I would use it on a gig, if I could fix patches and such before the gig and if I had the AC adapter. Other wise no.

At the beginning you probably will have trouble dealing with it. But it is not hard! Just try things and read the manual and it will be easy. It's can be tricky to get a good sound out of it. Patches are not a problem editing. But sometimes you will go like "wtf?" And then you see that it was nothing. Manual comes with and is handy sometimes. I use it to find rhythm, that stands on the back of the manual. This pedal does have rhythm in it! And it easy to choose pattern, speed and so on.

kalamari
    daryle_goh wrote: how would this pedal fare as an audio interface? would it record on a computer nicely?
    Yes, I have used it for all my college music recordings and a number of my own projects and the quality was excellent, plus very time saving as there really is hardly anything to worry about with setup in comparison to analogue setups. I'd really recommend this product, the patches are very good quality and do not sound digital or crap - you just need to make good use of all the variables available. It's great for gigging as well, have used this a lot and has never played up. In terms of reliabily this thing would withstand a tank driving over it but I've found the footswitches become a bit unresponsive now and then (probably just need a clean) and the little extra buttons also get dirty easily... these are just problems for any pedal in general though. As for the expression pedal squeaking I had this problem and you can either loosen the screw on the pedal with an allen key to make the pedal looser or just lube it up, after which it's fine.
    metalroo
    kalamari
    metalroo wrote: how do you connect it to the cubase le software??? whith me it doesn't seem to recognise it as an audio input. please help!!!
    If you're using Vista it won't work, it's not supported... I'm going back to XP because of that. If not, in theory it should work using the instructions provided (http://www.samsontech.com/products/relat... - page 22)
    brodieyo
    kaushik312 wrote: can you get metalcore sounds like lamb of god and as i lay dying from this??
    I have it, And no its so bad for distortion
    7leafvacation
    i got this pedal a while back when i started jammin. i used it for a bit and jus kinda threw it in my closet for a while and used my amp effects. basically i was wrong ta throw it in tha closet, its ****in AWSOME!!! its got a lot more potential then i thought, u can get multiple effects from it and i didnt discover it till recently get it ull love it once u figure it out