G2.1U review by Zoom

Zoom: G2.1U

Purchased from: Nevada music

I am using it with a Squier Strat and Marshall MG30DFX so it is not used to it's full capabilitys but it sounds really good. It cancels out a lot of the noise on it's fuzz setting which is really handy and it has a nice acoustic sound. The effects I use most are fuzz, distortion and overdrive, the 2nd knob from the left controls the gain. I have managed to replicate a lot of Muse sounds.

I play mostly rock so the Overdrive effects suit me well and it produces a realistic acoustic sound. I have been playing for 2 years and this is my first pedal, I will defintly buy another higher end Zoom but for the while this is all I need. If it were lost or stolen I would go and buy another one before you could say 'Zoom'.

I could trust this to hell and back, it takes AA batterys and ac power, an adapter is supplied, and I would use it in a gig with out backup as long as I had new batterys. It is built like a tank. It has sides of rubbery stuff and I havn't scratched or dented it, yet.

When I first got it I was amazed and when I got it out the box I was really confused. If you've never used a Zoom pedal you will have to read the manual though, once I had the hang of it it was amazing! the manual is easy to read and it has preset patches in it for bands like Green Day and heart. You can edit every aspect of a patch easily.

-blaze-
    True, i was not satisfied with the distortion. So i bought a Digitech Metal Master and I pretty much have everything i need. for now anyway.
    LukasPukas
    hey i've noticed the usb is not the regular type, what is the cable called (i mean what kind of usb) so i can explain what i need in the store, they dont seem to have it in music stores around where i live.
    onzki
    kingofnima
    quote]Hi.. im planning to purchse this zoom G2.1u..however digitech's RP350 and BOSS' ME-20, which are also good on reviews bothers me.. can you help me choose? ZOOM, DIGITECH OR BOSS??? thanks for the help![[/quote] well what Ic an say about digitech is that it is made out of plastic so when you are at a gig or just focoused on playing and you hit the pedal with your foot it might just break. Also my friends broke down after he had it for just a couple of months. However it has more amp models I think so yeah it's yours to decide go to a guitar store they will let you try them.
    Lamrick21
    DIgitech=nasty. i used to have one...til i broke it. i wasnt even gigging just pressed on it and the display cracked. This pedal is a great investment(even though its not all that much). Yes the distortion sucks, but only on the presets. You have to build a custom patch and make sure you dont have your EQ settings peaked, theyre sensitive. If you take a hour and go through (with the manual) and look at every setting once through, youll have an understanding of when to do what. Though right now i have mine next to a big muff, cry baby, and various bosses, i usually unplugg everything but my wah, zoom, and big muff.