G2.1U review by Zoom

• Reviewer's score: 6.5 Neat
Zoom: G2.1U

Purchased from: 2nd hand

I use Epiphone Les Paul Standard or Ibanez 470RG to multi effect then to Ibanez tbrx 15w amp or head phones or pc. Some of the distortions are rubbish but some surprisingly good. I mostly play metal and heavy rock + some fusion style I found good distortions for rock or fusion but not metal there is no distortion that really cuts thought like I want it to. Even if I put the distortion on max I can use 3 kinds of noise gates so there is no noise problems.

If it were stolen I would thank the idiot Who did that because I have an insurance so I can get myself a proper effects. The recordings with it straight to the pc sound lacking of some human touch. it's really good Multi to experience with diffrent kinds of sound but that's it when you get to higer level and stop experimenting it won't cut it anymore. I wish it had quality building and TUBESS(jk:)) now I am more into Tube effect that don't have processors because the sound can stay not digitalized until the recording IMO it's far more superior sound to the digitalized multi effects.

Ok this where it really blows after a year of home/studio use. one of the main buttons stopped working: the one that switches the effects down the list even thought I tried to fix it it just broke down and will never get fixed so actually I glad that I had time to set up my favorite defaults like I want them too because I can't edit the patches anymore. Second is that the Whammy pedal is shrieking like some one killed it and it can't be dissembled for maintenance. In my studio I have the Boss GT-3 so it's a no no for my Zoom.

It takes some time to get what you doing because all it shows you is 2 letters that should say it all, believe me it's hard to remember. The editing of patching can get to quite frustrating but in the end Who said the hunt for perfect sound is easy? The original manual is very good covers all default patches and every kind of effect that they threw into this Effect. In addition you get the cubase LE program that is really nice and it has guide for Pcs and macs. But it can't read the Zoom hardware on vista.

roksta101
    brilliant for its price and all...good starting pedal...eager to upgrade when i have enough cash though
    rain v2
    I loved it until it broke. Me and my friend had the same problem with the left switcher. they both broke.
    pl0x
    I used to love this pedal, now that i am a better player in general i have grown to hate it. Good beginner pedal though