G2.1U review by Zoom

Zoom: G2.1U

I'm using 2 Custom guitars with Seymour Duncan pick-ups and a Roland Cube 30X amplifier. The noise suppressor of the G2\.1U cuts off the noise during guitar breaks or even not playing the guitar, you can't hear any noise! The G2\.1U sounds thick, powerful, meaty, and clear! compared to Zoom 606 or G1. The stock patches of G2.1U offers some patches that makes your guitar sound like, Linkin Park, Green Day, Carlos Santana, EVH, SRV, Brian May and Jeff Beck. But for me I edited some patches and created patches to produce sounds like Tom Morello, Dimebag Darell, Kirk Hammet, and Paul Gilbert. The G2.1U is like a set of effects compressed in one box. It features simulations of, Peavey 5150 Stack amplifier, Marshall JCM2000, Marshall JCM800, Boss OD-1, Boss MT-2, Fender Tweed Deluxe '53, and Fender Twin Reverb '65. You can still ind 54 more effects, digital delay, chorus, digital flanger, and many more.

I'm playing music that ranges from Steve Vai to Paul Gilbert to RATM to Metallica to Pantera. This effect surely is a good match for me. I've been playing for 3 years, and I have own a Zoom 606 and Zoom G1, and for me this stand out from the effects that I have already owned. If it were stolen damn, I'm gonna find that thief and break the G2.1U in his head then buy another one. What I love is that it has everything that I needed, what I hate is that you can't use the Flanger and Delay at same time. I've compared it to Boss ME-50 and they are almost similar. I chose the G2.1U over Boss ME-50 because ME-50 cost a lot compared to G2.1U but they are almast the same. I wish it had the feature that you can play the flanger, and delay at same time! Any ways this is a good product for beginners and for some Who were just starting to play seriously.

I used it many times on Live performances, and it didn't fail my expectations. I got the sound what I wanna get during gigs, definitely I am using G2.1U in gigs without back-ups. and good thing about it it is easy to bring you don't need those big pedal boards, it's portable!

At first it was not that easy for me to make a good sound out of it. But reading the manual helps alot, it shows you how. There are a lot of patches 00-40 A0-B9=live patches C0-D9=recording patches. You can actually edit the patches at your own taste. As you buy the product don't forget to read the manual, it gives you the idea how to operate the gadget.

bossboy
    wtf sum ppl are ****in retarded one review sayes the boss mt-2 model only sounds good for droped d thats because all the metal songs you know are in drop d dick
    dhvn
    I've been looking into multieffect pedals and I was thinking of buying this or the floor POD. How does the G2.IU compare to the floor POD?
    A6StringWorld
    rain v2 wrote: I loved it until it broke. Me and my friend had the same problem with the left switcher. they both broke.
    yeah same i used to use it for shows but then both main switches broke. Now i go directly to amp and use some single effect pedals, i've been unimpressed with every multi-effects pedal i've had so now i don't use them. They've been a lot of money and a lot of dissapointment.
    D_Emily
    Anyone can tell me (or pass link tosettings for nice distortion (any type), that works really nice with palm muting ?