G2.1U review by Zoom

Zoom: G2.1U

Price paid: € 160

Purchased from: Key music

Im using it with a Laney TFX1 amplifier, it got a nice Drive channel but with this pedal I always play with clean channel of amp. I mainly play Blink 182, Angels And Airwaves and Nirvana music (I know, these bands aren't similar at all, but I like them) but I don't really get the same sound (never really tried), because I made this bank with my own effects and it kinda sounds better to me (well, I made effects with my bandmates, it's actually our style, cuz i'm not saying my effects are better sound hehe). Anyway, I think the distortion/overdrive sounds of pedal really suck if you use gain of your amp, but with clean it's really sweet (as in ownage). It got some sick patches for clean notes (bank 2, patch 1 for example).

I play some sort of combination of alternative rock (Angels And Airwaves) and punk (not really punk, between Blink and Antiflag), this pedal can handle all kind of genres, if someone is starting out with this pedal, check out patches '20' '21' 'D3' 'B0' and '06', with these u can directly go cover songs in a nice way. (I edited these a little bit though). But they rock anyway. Someone I know got this line6 POD (not sure about type exactly), but it was far more expensive (so is his amp, don't know type either), but I actually get better sound of my amp and pedal (by the way, im using either a old Fernandes guitar, or Stagg guitar, they are both kinda crappy haha ). I've been playing for over a year, I got 2 teachers + I played in 2 bands (now just 1) so I'm becoming quite ok. But with this pedal, people think you play longer really (well better). If it were stolen, or I'd be stupid enough to let it fall and it would break, I would DEFFINITLY buy another one, it's rather cheap, uber sound, easy to use, you get cubase program, tuner etc all in one! I'm sure there's something better out there (prolly expensive as hell) but this really rocks.

I've been using it for 2 weeks now, playing atleast every 2 days a couple of hours. It never fell/had contact with water whatsoever, and it's not supposed to survive that I think so I'm carefully with it. Anyway, I don't think the switches or footpedal would ever break. I use it with small gigs of band, and I don't think it will ever break.

First day I got it, I didn't wonna read the guide, and guess what, you don't really need it to check out the effects. For the drum Machine or tuner etc. you better read it though. But anyway, it's really easy to use. U can edit patches as you like, and just go to another one so changes won't be changed if you were just messing a bit. Once you get used to the switches and footpedal it's really easy to use while playing in a band, also you can make your own bank (1bank is 10patches) so you can get the effects you want for playing on one bank which is kinda handy and cool!

Limaj_daas
    SlaneCool wrote: The pedal squawks everytime i hit it up n down.. how do i fix that???
    get an allen key that's the right size and loosen it up a bit.