G2.1U review by Zoom

Zoom: G2.1U

Purchased from: Sharma Music Electronics

I use with Epiphone-Flying-V and Ibanez RGR321EX and connect it to a Marshall MG-30, the effects are great especially the harmonizer and the noise reduction feature. Since I like playing rock and metal I do get the sound of Black Sabbath, Wolfmother, Green Day, Dream Theatre, Megadeth, etc, as I mentioned the website on top yeah I get the sound I want.

According to The Music I play it is amazing, I have been playing since 2 and half years and this is my only 1 processor, The only thing I wish have asked before buying is that whether I can connect it to PC and download patches but that is not a big problem. If it gets lost and I am low on budget I would buy it again. As I mentioned I love the ability of it to sound like any song I want with the help of that website, few great effects like acoustic guitar, harmonizer, and noise reduction, drum beat/metronome Machine and ability to connect it to the computer and being able to use it as an audio interface and directly record with it, there is just 1 thing I dislike is that I can't download patches. I did not compare it to other products as I was novice when I bought it.

It has great rugged look, yes I can truly depend on it, it has fallen many times still works, the only problem I once faced was that the stomp switches got loose and din't get pressed and had to get them changed but that is probably because I hit them too hard.

It is very easy to get good sound out of it you already get 40 manufacturer's presets and you can program 40, it takes time to get the correct sound out of it but there is a website which has the instructions to set the patch you want, the website all amazing songs included. The sad thing is that is has just 2 letter display but since manual is self explanatory and tells what the letters mean it becomes easy to make patches. I give it a 9 just because it lacks the ability of downloading patches.

graspchoke!!!!!
    ..If the switches break, just spray a special chemical you can buy at your local hardware. Apply some at the switches.