G2.1U review by Zoom

Zoom: G2.1U

I am currently using it with an ESP SC 207. I have also used it with Ibanez RG 350, ESP EC 50, Jackson RR and many other guitars. The sound you get on different guitars is a little different. I found it hard to set a good patch for my single coil pickup guitar but you get a lot of patches online..so try them. Some are actually good. The effects sound amazing..as long as you have good pickups. I particularly love the clean-acoustic sounds that are preset.

I play absolutely everything from classical to Death Metal and this gives me a perfect sound for everything. If it were stolen, I'd probably buy this again..or the Line 6 POD X3 live..I don't know why..may be because everyone is buying it! What do I love about it? May be the usb recording feature. I compared it with the Korg AX5G and DigiTech RP 250, RP 255. These are relatively slower when it comes to changing the patches..the DigiTech in particular seemed very slow. I just wish it looked bigger just to please the people that judge the quality by the size!

I have used this for over 20 shows so far and hopefully there is much more to come. I am not planning on buying another processor as of now because I pretty much get what exactly I want. If you can sit and spend some time on setting patches, you'll have all you need. Durable? Yes! Vey much. I've had this for around one or one and half years..and in this time I have dropped several times and am surprised it still is in one piece..and working absolutely fine!

Its pretty easy to get a good sound and to create a patch of your own taste. The manual is pretty good but you will probably not need it badly..Just play around for a few hours and you'll get the hang of it! The Zoom G1.1Nu is apparently the upgraded version.