G2.1U review by Zoom

Zoom: G2.1U

Price paid: € 190

Purchased from: Waltons

I use G&L Legacy, Ibanez's 470, Fender 2005 Tele USA Yamaha silent guitar, Taylor TS9, PRS, Peavey, EVH. I prefer the G&L or the S470 I have two S470. And the two differ alot, the effects are good and add alot to the Rivera I just plug in and go besides using effects loops, the volume pedal is shitty but I use a MusicMan one for that, the twin sound is good for country as I practice through a pa system I use an I pad for backing tracks or to slow music down it also works well with guitar pro if you know how to use it, may take a while to get it used to live performance for user patch changes but once you know how its easy blows a pod away.

I play country she matches 10, I play EVH she is 10, I play Eric Johnson 10, Albert Lee 10! Playing twenty years, pods Rockman Boss, Mesa Bogie, DigiTech, Roland, Vox, Fender, Marshal. If it was lost I'd buy it again I looked at the upgrade models, one thing I would like to change is the two buttons to 3 to maby knoff the Compressor for rhythm.

I would never go to a gig without it, the power supply packed in last weak I had to run to a petrol station to get the batterys for it just incase, it may look rough now one of the panels missing off the side and a few chrome knobs missing, a new power supply, I have it set up for me. I had an 8002 in the 90s this thing kicks ass, also I have a studio friend who is at the top of his game and loves the tone of this amp tech for us older guys has come on leaps and bounds.

At the start tricky but I was always used to effect pedals and after an hour I had it set up for stage use, I have a Rivera amp and the channel switcher broke and I thought the Zoom might mess up my Rivera as I had good pedals like a Boss delay reverb the grey one a Boss Compressor, an Ibanez TS9, Marshall Guvnor, Mesa V Twin, Boss chorus and a Boss harmonizer. I didn't own a Wah pedal at the time in 2003 and was playing for ABBA "Mamamia" and I needed a wahwah so I bought this pedal, didn't need the manual as I fairly understood all the amp modes in the display.

jinsu2301
    it really depends which amp you use it with. it sounds pretty ok with my fender frontman (which has one of these "ultra"-clean channels), and it sucked ass with the vox valvetronics and marshall mg50 of my friend. and the cabinet simulation is just horrible.