G3 review by Zoom

Zoom: G3

Purchased from: Ebay vendor

Most of the time I just plug my headphones into the great headphone out the G3 has to offer. This unit sounds amazing through headphones. The effects in this thing are Stellar and have many parameters to tweak. The delays and verbs in this thing are worth the $180 alone and are amazing. You can also use the tap tempo button to set delay times and flanger rates, chorus rates, etc... The only effects in this unit that aren't that good are the pitch shifting effects such as the harmonizer and the Octaver.

I play mostly classic rock and blues, and the G3 can give me those tones without a problem. I've been playing for about three years and the other gear I own is a Squier Affinity Strat and a Roland Cube 15X. I love the amp models and effects in this thing. You can't get a unit with better effects for under $200 IMO. If I somehow lost the G3, I'd probably buy it again. I don't really like the patch switching in the G3. It's not the best for live use. My favorite feature has to be the 40 second looper and the drum machine. It's a great practice tool for getting inspired and having fun. I wished the G3 had a few more amp models like the 57 Champ and the Vox AC15. All in all, the G3 is an amazing price of gear for the price and I think if you're looking for a mfx unit under $200, you can't go wrong with the G3.

This thing is built like a tank and can certainly take a beating. I'd defanatly rely on the G3 without a backup.

It is very easy to get your tone out of the Zoom G3. Right out of the box you have many good and usable presets to start playing with. It is very simple to edit and make patches on the G3. All you have to do is scroll through the many great fx and amp models the G3 has to offer and start turning the stompbox like knobs that correspond to the parameters on screen. The manual is pretty good, although it doesn't explain everything. I had to upgrade the G3 only once for some bug fixes and other minor things.

itamar100
    I have it. It's awesome out of the box and even better when you spend 20 minutes on your own tones. I have to agree with everything said here, the reverb and delay is absolutely amazing, the distortion and amp models are also really good and so is the looper and drum machine. But the patch shifting lets it down a bit.
    wht da1
    Pretty poor review. But its the basic idea. Its miles ahead of all the competition.recording straight to any device, 40 sec looper, too many effects, some real good amp sims andheaps of storage. Can even save entire sets of presets right onto the computer, so essentially and infintite storage. Best jam machine ever. Best tone and harmonics. Just pure aewsome. (I recommend it)
    kutless999
    I think they sound better than the digitech units but you can't run as many effects at a time.
    WGFDarth
    I like my G9.2TT effects pedal. It's pretty amazing, so I assume their other products are just as good.