G3X review by Zoom

Zoom: G3X

The editing is so simple with the G3X. You can instantly use the stomp-box mode to make changes. Plus, the global button makes it even easier to change the master volume of the whole unit. You can also change the signal flow direction if you are using it with other effects. You can easily assign effect of the expression pedal as well. The auto save function automatically saves the recent changes without you having to store it again and again. The manual is very succinct. You can upgrade the firmware to the latest version too from the website.

I try and play everything from classic rock to heavy metal to soft melodies. I needed a processor to take care of all those tones and help me tweak them when needed. Zoom G3X is just the perfect unit. I do not use any effects with it. I have never been a pedal board person. Well it is a bit noisy if you connect it to your PC with the USB. Other than that, if you connect it straight to the amp the ZNR (zoom noise reduction) works perfectly to nullify any such noise. The effects are very organic and do not sound digital. I pretty much like them all, except for the acoustic simulator, which is not as clean as it should have been. But seriously, editing is so simple with the G3X. You can instantly use the stomp-box mode to make changes. Plus, the global button makes it even easier to change the master volume of the whole unit. You can also change the signal flow direction if you are using it with other effects.

I have played live using the G3X. No hassles whatsoever. Switching between patches is very smooth, and the foot-switches are very robust. Very reliable. It has battery port for such exigencies though. But I doubt I'll ever need it. There has been a glitch while playing with it. There is no lag whatsoever, nor any problems of the unit freezing. The finish looks impeccable and nice quality. I'm sure I'll be using this for a while. Besides, I love how the G3X looks. Zoom always makes aesthetically pleasing products. But this not only looks good but performs just as well.

I play from Metallica, Led Zep, Andy James, Petrucci, Santana, to anything I find appealing to my ears. I have been playing for around 4 years now. There isn't much science going on with the G3X, it's for everybody - very easy to use. If it were stolen, I might buy it again depending on what else is available at the time in the market. My personal favorite is the edit & share feature. I keep it connected to my PC all the time when playing so that I can edit instantly. I had been doing my research for months before buying this. Trust me there is nothing better than G3X in its price range.