G7.1UT review by Zoom

Zoom: G7.1UT

Well I have a Washburn WI-66V and a Washburn BD75R I have been complimented on the tone of these be4, which was quite suprizing. Anyway, I had previously tried the Boss ME-50 and had taken it back to get this. Oh By the way, no one in their right mind should ever consider getting the ME-50 it is the worst thing on the planet. Ok well, this Zoom G7.1 is amazing. The ZNR and noisegate are the best I have ever heard, crank up ur gain and put the knob at 11 and no buzzing humming or anything. I'm quite pleased with the distortion, since there is a 6 band eq or something like that, you can get any tone you want. And the tube energizer gives it a little more body to your tone. It comes with several factory artist patches but I went straight to editing my own. Everything else seems pretty good, I like the step mod it is quite odd and excellent all at the same time! Guess what else. No patch switching lag, it is instant hammer on that pedal and you got your sound.

I play punk, ska, metal, rock, and I've been playing for 12 years, if it were lost or stolen I would get another one in a second, actually I might downgrade to the G2.1 since it has pretty much the same effects, but I'm in love with that tube energizer so I guess I would stick with this. But if I had 700CAN layin around I would go for the 9.1tt cause that 3d pedal looks wicked. I love the ability to get any sound possible, the only thing I dont would have to be how long it is, but I can deal with that. I really dont have a favorite feature but I just wanna say that the Zoom Extreme Distortion is based on the old Zoom Tri-Metal pedal and that was a damn good pedal. I compared it to Boss, the plastic Zoom pedal, whatever that DigiTech is and the Korg one, this one by far wins out of all of em. The only thing I wish it had was a spot for batteries just in case u need em but this thing does come with a power cord which is really really long. Also a drum machine would have been a nice feature since the smaller versions have it but I can deal. So do urself a favor and get one of these, even if it is the smaller version u wont be dissapointed. This thing cost a little more then I wanted to spend, but after I got the bank pedals and the adaptor and the cable for thoes pedals, the Boss ME-50 was the same price and that thing was good for nothing.

I would definatly depend on this, metal case, metal switches, the only downside is that it is bloody heavy and long. The old case I had won't fit this thing, a regular sized backpack hardly holds it, but it works just fine.

Well, this was rather complicated at first. But after several minuites of reading the manual it became quite clear. But once you figure it out, it can do some amazing stuff. You can pretty much assign the expression pedal to anything, such as rate, depth, volume, gain, and there are tons more!

Godderz_24
    yes it does i ordered my g9.2tt the other day, sounded great when i went and tried it out in the local shop... ill get a review up on it after ive got it and had a chance to really play about
    MR-1
    I bought the G7.1ut about three months ago and I have one question, how do I set this thing up so I can have a pre-amp programmed and be able to kick in some chorus or delay for a solo? I have a fender hot rod deville which sounds good by itself but it has to be cranked to get that sweet tube dist. so I bought this to compensate for the volume factor....not to mention the fx. Please help!!
    louwen
    I am thinking about getting this or the G9.2tt. The 9.2tt has some extra amp models which I particularly like (MesaBoogie and Hughes & Kettner). Would it be worth the extra money?
    Godderz_24
    personally louwen i'd say get the g9, the extra models and pedals, extra tube circuit etc are well worth that extra bit of cash, even if you dont use them...its better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it no? the preset sounds on them are kinda suck though, you'd be better off programming them all from scratch by yourself, thats what ive done :]
    Alan2112
    I got the G9 for 330 with P&P and most places are selling the G7 for 310 and the G9 for 460.It just goes to show it pays to shop around rather than just buying the first one you see.I love my G9.2tt.
    alexxero
    so this pedal can't playback over the USB? only over the USB, for example i connect it to the USB and i just wanna play and hear my self into the pc speakers, no recording, can it be possible?