G7.1UT review by Zoom

Zoom: G7.1UT

Purchased from: ebay

Crate GT120 amp, and a Fender Squier Stagemaster guitar. I'm hoping to get a Wah pedal, a Schecter C-1 classic, and an Ibanez S470. Not noisy at all. Some of the effects are weak (distortions), but I think that is mainly because of my guitar. I know someone Who has better Ibanez and Jackson guitars and gets great metal sounds with this pedal.The guitar is great for 250$, and is well beyond that price but it does not have active pickups and is not $1000. I play Red Hot Chili Peppers, Sublime, Avenged Sevenfold, and some other rock stuff. Achieves all the sounds good. I love the extreme distortion it makes my not so metal guitar sound great, and the Marshall Drive sounds just like a $1000 Marshall at guitar center.

Great match for any style. I play mainly all rock (classic rock, hard rock, metal, etc.) It can get all of these sounds. I've been playing for 2-3 years, semi-seriously. I would definately buy another if stolen or lost, maybe upgrade to the 9.2 if I had more money. It was either this or a POD XT Live, and I think I made a good choice.

It's very dependable. I do not gig at the moment but just from playing with it I would rely on it. It is made of metal, I would not use need backup. There are only a few plastic knobs, but I am not worried about those. Not a scratch on it from the few weeks I've had it.

Easy as hell to get a good sound. Just select Fender clean for clean, Marshall Drive for rock, and extreme distortion for metal and your set. Obviously it goes much more in depth. I used a Zoom 707II before this, patch editing was very easy as it was the same. The manual tells you pretty much everything. All the knobs like an amp setup are there for quick easy editing.

mattlocked
    Actually you can, but you should connect your pc speakers to the output minijack on the G7-1ut. Excellent piece of equipment, I just wish a better manual or tutorials were available, the user manual is just horrible...
    nunov12
    i have a line6 spiderIII 15w amp... but if i buy this pedal i won't need the amp's effects.. but how do i turn them off??? must i do a bypass.. how do i do it? ....
    mesias
    Hello: Just a question! Does the G7.1 have metronome??? thanks!
    KingJustinian25
    is there something im missing here? I have USB cables and they definately do not fit into the USB port on here. I am 99% sure mine did not come with a USB cable either...
    KingJustinian25
    Is there something im missing here? I have several USB cables and they don't fit into the USB port on it... I am 99% sure that no USB cables came with it..
    alex57910
    seriously, which is better? korg ag3000 or this monster? cause i am so hopeless at decisions
    amanbh
    nunov12 : i have a line6 spiderIII 15w amp... but if i buy this pedal i won't need the amp's effects.. but how do i turn them off??? must i do a bypass.. how do i do it?
    You can do that by turning both the effect knobs all the way down AFTER you select an amp model (clean for example) and then overwrite the default preset patch with the new one (the one with no effects). Read the manual, it explains it clearly. I have the same amp but im getting a new Roland Cube next week, alongwith a G9.2tt WOOOT !!!
    amanbh
    Alright, i'll have one up after im done tinkering with it a while