G7.1UT review by Zoom

Zoom: G7.1UT

Purchased from: Klei Zemer

Personally I'm using my G7.1UT with an Epiphone SG (yeah) and an Ibanez 15w amp. There's a problem with my amp because it distorts the sounds a little [and the distortion button is off! ] I know it's my amp because I checked it with other amps. Some effects are noisy, but if it gets too noisy there's a ZNR setting that filters some of the noise. This multi is very big. There's such a big variety of effects in it that you can get the sound of almost any band there is (my favourite is Led Zeppelin). There are, though, a few effects that should never be put together. I haven't found all of them, but never use the RAT distortion with the PedalVox wah.

I usually play rock/hard-rock (Led Zeppelin, Jimi Hendrix etc. and a few of my songs) or metal (Avenged Sevenfold, Metallica, Iron Maiden and a little Megadeth). I think it sounds pretty good with the Multi. I've been playing for about two years now, and I have an Epiphone SG, an Ibanez amp and the Zoom G7.1UT, which goes together (except my amp, I think it's aliitle burnt). If it was stolen I'm pretty sure I'd buy it again (and a new amp), except I don't have the money. I think what I really like about it is that it's fun, but I don't like it's hardness of use (it took me two weeks to figure it out).

This Multi-effect is reliable, but you should check it with a variety of amps (and guitars) before using it on a gig, as sound varies. For instance, I once went to a rehearsal with it, and the effect that sounded great on my sucky amp sounded too dirty on the amp there.

It is fairly easy to get a good sound out of the built in patches, though some of the patches are crappy. There are 40 different built in effects and 160 patches (only 80 are open for editing). Although it takes some time to edit patches properly, it's easy if you read and understand the manual. There are 55 effects, 36 amp simulations and distortions, an equalizer, cabinet options and a function button, 1 of each can be used at a time. In order to edit a patch, you press it's number (1, 2, 3, 4-u, u, A, b) press the effect type button (comp, wah/efx1, znr, pre-amp (it's also the distortion button), EQ, cabinet, mod/efx2, delay, reverb, total/function) so it's Orange and change it. in order to remove an effect, press the button until it's green. When you're done editing, press the store/swap button twice. The manual is pretty good and helps a lot, but it's hard to understand it. The manual comes in several languages, including English, Spanish, Japanese and Italian.

lem_ian
    If the g2.1u had an energizer tube, it would also be great. This piece of equipment rocks.
    Nikluvin
    ricknbacker325 wrote: how do u use this thing???like is it for ur computer it said usb
    HOW THE HECK do I use this thing in a recording program? Likkee do I upload it to the computer, search for it...uuhhm, I'm lost. I use a program called magix, I've had this thing for a year, lost the cubase cd, and I duno how the heck to use it in the computer. Plugged it into the usb and everything.
    Bling Dogg
    how is the quality of this pedal when it's hooked directly to a computer? Is it as good as when connnected to an amp? Also, how is the quality connected directly to the headphone output?