G7.1UT review by Zoom

Zoom: G7.1UT

I use Ibanez RG370DX with Line-6 Spider III. I read some reviews saying that the distortion is very digital and I was about to believe it but I adjusted gain, level; and equalizer on G7.1UT and my amp respectively and it sounds great. G7.1UT does justice to the H-S-H configuration for my guitar. I play metallica, nirvana, iron maiden, megadeth and pinkfloyd. Diezel amp setting is cool for metallica but most presets in the pedal are more of demos and I always modify the presets to get the sound I want.

This pedal was gifted to me. I would not have bought it because I believed it is jus more bells and whistles which I don't need but I was wrong, after using it I changed my mind and if I lose it, I'd buy it again. I compared it to Boss ME-70 and although Boss has better presets it is not very user friendly. When you wana play with a particular effect in mind, you jus wana make that effect in a jiffy rather than spending time on creating that effect and G7.1UT allows me to do that.

I would definitely use it without any backup. This pedal is robust. The feature I like the most is A/B channel selection. Very hand when you play songs with multiple effects like fade to black, nothing else matters or dream of mirrors. For recording purposes, CuBase software is provided and I used it 2-3 times but can be a little confusing for me.

This pedal is very easy to use. I read the manual before operating once and that was enough for me. The LCD display is well designed and tells you the type of effect selected. While editing patches, the amp select knob is very handy and it is very easy to edit or make new effects from the scratch.