G9.2tt review by Zoom

Zoom: G9.2tt

Purchased from: eBay

I run it through a Fender Squire Stagemaster into a Crate GT120. The amp is just for loudness, and the guitar is decent (getting Ibanez S470 soon). This pedal makes the setup kick ass. Somewhat noisy, until you turn noise gate or ZNR on, then it's dead quiet. A few distortions sound weak, and wah is a little weak, but in general the effects are awesome. Fender clean, Marshall Drive and JC Clean gets RHCP and Sublime. Rectifier Modern gets Metallica, Extreme Distortion model gets anything more metal. English model gets Dragonforce and all that stuff, great for palm muting. The two tubes make these distortions far superior to any other multi effects pedal. You can even blend tube (warmth/crunch) with solid state (loudness), and you can raise boost (loudness) versus tube.

I play alternative, punk, reggae, rock, metal, works good for all of them. Instead of buying a different guitar or amp for a style, I just hit a Switch to change the patch. I've played for about 5 years and would definately buy another if it was lost. My favorite features are the amp models/distortions. I compared it to Marshall DSL's, Triple Rectifiers, Twin reverbs, Valvekings, Spider valves, and the distortions are just as good as them for far less price. The only things I might wish it had are drum Machine and dual inputs like the POD X3.

It is made out of metal, and is very reliable. The footswitches seem very sturdy. The only thing that could possibly break is the 3-D pedal, but I usually keep it latched so it's just a normal expression pedal. I would gig with it without a backup. Hasn't broke since I've had it, for about 4 months.

I know some people wanted a review, so here is one. So easy to get a good sound out of it. Just Pick a distortion, ZNR noise reduction, and EQ and it sounds good. Editing patches is real easy once you get the hang of it. The manual tells you everything you need.

KingJustinian25
    You can edit the parameters of the pedal like from 0 volume to 100 volume so it edits it a lot, or like 10 to 50. I don't know if that fixes the problem though... The tube does distort cleans on higher levels on mine also. I also love having the stomp pedal so you can have two distortions on one patch, along with being able to stomp an effect on/off.
    12.Gauge
    thanks King. I also said ge8 shouldve been gt8. Having played for longer im addicted to the engl model its really fantastic. Some of the other triamp etc aint so good compared to the original but okay. Im also not sure to assign on and of the wah. When i select wah it sometimes doesnt work.
    amanbh
    sometimes you have to hit one of the function keys to turn the wah on... otherwise the pedal just wont do anything (talking about play mode here)