G9.2tt review by Zoom

• Reviewer's score: 6.8 Neat
Zoom: G9.2tt

Price paid: C$ 550

Purchased from: Long and Mcquade

At the moment, I connect it to my mini amp (Fender 15G), and use an Epiphone Les paul. Playing Live, I connect it directly to the PA system. The sound is actually Very Warm and Good. On distortion, it sounds amazing with a little bit of delay and reverb. Overall, Distortion sounds very good. I've also heard about many people saying that the Wah pedal isnt very good on this Machine, but I was able to create a sick wah effect. I was able to create sounds which sound if not exactly but very close to songs such as (For the love of God, Knocking on the Heavens door, Voodoo Child, Stairway to heaven). I play mostly distiortion, classic, jazz, blue sounds, mostly at church; playing Live. It fits very well with other instruments. Overall, Sound quality is excellent.

I play a lot of christian rock, soft rock and gospel songs, and it matches well with many instruments (Piano, Keyboard, Drums, Vocals). This being my first gear, was a very successful purchase, because from the G9, I was able to develop many sounds, which came useful in anytime. Before buying this product, I was having a hard time between this, the GNX4, Boss GT-8, and ended up purchasing this one. If I were to lose this or if this was to get stolen, I would definately re-purchase this, but sad thing would be that all the patches would be gone. One thing I was disappointed in with this was the Whammy pedal. It sounds very choppy compared to others, but overall, a very good product.

Its very handy, and well made. I carry it in a pretty soft bag, because I couldn't really afford to buy a real case for it, but it seems to be well maintained and built very strong. Well I don't really have another effect to back this one up, but even if I do, I don't think I'll need to back this up, because this thing is a beast.

From my experience..Well I have no real experience with effects, since this was my first guitar effect. I found it real easy to use, after surfing through the manual and playing around with it for a while. The patches are very easy to edit and save, also with the handy Swap setting, which swaps two patches. I also heard that it's possible to download patches from websites which sounds pretty cool.

shred_meister
    i got this pedal about 7 months ago and i wasn't too sure at first but now that ive played around with it a bit and figured out the sound i like, i love it. I'm going to use it in my band practises and take it gigging, it's well built and has an amazing tone to it. BUY THIS!!! 9/10