G9.2tt review by Zoom

• Reviewer's score: 6.5 Neat
Zoom: G9.2tt

Price paid: € 385

Purchased from: Music Store

The sound. I must tell you that I am a little dissapointed. The sound on the "clean" amps are very good, but on the distortions... Badly I must say! They sound to "digital" or just not such clean. You can use the ZNR function that discard all that noisy sounds, but if you play a note, you know that the sound must go through it and that the ZNR isn't working like you aren't playing anything. There are much effect, chorus (all kind of chorus), delay (all kinds of delay), reverb (all kinds of reverb) ect. I use my Zoom through a Peavey Bandit 112 but with an external Marshall 1960A cabinet... The sound is powerfull and very good, but also, digital.

I play punk/rock, Bon Jovi stuff. I have a Epiphone Les Paul stndrd, Epiphone Sheraton II, they both sound very good through the Zoom (I think every guitar). I'm been playing for 4, 5 years. If this Zoom get damaged or I couldn't use it anymore, I would not buy tesame again. What I like about the Zoom is the expression pedals, the effect, but what I dislike about it, is the distortion amps (too digital!).

Reliability & Durability? Don't know what it mean, but the short version from me of the Zoom is that the distortions are DIGITAL sound (don't like it, but it's my prefer), the Clean amps are perfect and all kind off effect too. But the Zoom is very good (it's not a thing that can brake quickly).

Hi, I own this G9\.2tt and I must tell you, it is great. Once you get it, it is realy easy to use, very easy. The manual is a little bit complicated in the beginning, but just read it about 3 times while you are working with the Zoom and you will understand everything.

goncalocobain
    can i get distortion tone for like Nirvana and Metallica? In this case, can i get a grunge distortion and a thrash metal distortion with this one?
    shcantdance
    dodz07 wrote: which one is better this or the boss gt10???
    You get much better sound with this one.
    Slicer666 wrote: how does this pedal do compared to the Boss GT-10/ Pod X3 Live?
    Boss Gt-10 pre-amps and distortions are horrible in comparison. The Pod sounds pretty good but isn't as easy to use or can you have the same amount of effects going on at once.
    LesPaulsRule
    Can anyone tell me. Which is better, this, or the vox tonelab le? Also, how well would it work with a marshall mg100dfx
    El Cumanés
    Hi, I have read a lot reviews that the reliability is crap, i mean, the knobs and buttons tend to broke very easily with moderate use (more than 6 months). Anyone could confirm that?