G9.2tt review by Zoom

Zoom: G9.2tt

Purchased from: Roadhouse Music

I'm currently using my pedal with an Epiphone Les Paul, and a Nevada 15w bass amp (not the ideal set-up i know). The hum on some of the overdive effects can be a bit noisy, but there is a noise gate and Compressor on the pedal, so it's easy to deal with. Some of the preset effects can be a little weak-sounding, while others are slightly over the top, too high in treble, gain etc. But this can be easily rectified with the dials, providing Bass, Treble, Middle, Gain and Presence options, all to play around with in your own time. I've not been able to replicate the sound of my facourite guitarist (Synyster Gates - Avenged Sevenfold) but I keep trying, knowing that I'll eventually find the sweet spot, and then with 2 simple button presses, it can be saved. The Distortion and Overdrive effects may or may not be to your taste (depending on the sound you want) but as I said before, this can be changed with the simple turn of a dial and press of a button.

For me, the Zoom G9\.2tt is perfect for my style (metal) as the Overdrive and distortion effects come through strong and heavy, while retaining clarity and tone. I've been playing for 6 years now, and I own a Boss MT-2 Metal Zone, a Boss DS-1, a Danelectro Fab Distortion (which have all been sat in my draw, gathering dust for 2 years now) I've never regretted buying this pedal, not in the whole time I've owned it. If it was stolen, I would definitely buy another, without a second thought for any other effects pedals. I love everything about it, bar the fact that the valves will die one day. My favourite feature is the BrianDLY setting (A replicant of Brian May of Queens set-up) I didn't compare it to anything else, as I played with this one in the shop I got it from, and fell in love with it immediately. I wish it had a coffee maker :)

I find this pedal very reliable, as it's never failed on me before, and I've had it for over 2 years now. One thing I will say though, is that this pedal has 2 Live Valves, which (as all valves inevitably die one day) may need replacing at some point during ownership and usage. I would trust this pedal at any gig I played, not feeling that I would need a backup pedal.

The Zoom G9\.2tt is one of the more difficult effects pedals to 'properly' get your head around...With 16 dials, and 9 patch buttons, there is a lot you can do with the effects present. Possibly too much choice...Not recommended for beginers, as the confusion caused would be quite high. Editing patches is slightly difficult, as the dials for editing are very sensitive, and caused me quite a lot of annoyance, but! Once you get 'in the groove' so to speak, it becomes moderately easy, only taking a few minutes at a time to get the sound you want. The manual is about the same thickness as a manual you would possibly get with an RAF Fighter Jet lol. It explains everything, in detail, which in my opinion would bore many users, and they would possibly resort to just fiddling around with it in their own time, the manual discarded to the side like trash. I have no idea what the firmware version is, but I wouldn't really need it if I actually had it.

Andrew Prabowo
    Hi all, I got this G9.2tt 2 month ago I decided to buy it after tested some of other multi effects and read all The reviews in the net, its neat though if you know how to Tweak it, with two pairs of tubes its warmth And strong enough to coupe any kind of music you like Although the clean isn't that perfect but its okay I play progresiff metal, run my Ibanez S670fm thru front of marshal mg250dfx.