G9.2tt review by Zoom

Zoom: G9.2tt

My equipment is: Guitar: ESP M-III Deluxe (Custom Shop) (yes... it's M-III and NOT M-II. If you want to check it here). Pickups: Seymour Duncan Blackouts Metal (AHB-2) Mode: Loud. Amps: Using mostly Laney amps. But have used it on several Marshals. Well the things I have to say is that this Machine really rocks. I haven't problems with noises etc... The effects are great. I really never got any troubles with sound. I found almost all effects I used very well. I am sure you can get the sound of your favorite artists or get a personal sound easilly if you're in mood to do (and if your equipment helps too).

I am playing almost everything, alternative, classic rock, blues, jazz, neoclassical even death metal. I thing it's great. I am playing guitar now for like 20 years. Before buying it I was using several Zoom pedals. Like 505 V1, Zoom 707, Zoom 3000 player. And final Boss GT-10, the last one. After changing my pickups stoped being so well no matter what I did didn't made to get a good sound of my taste. So I switched again back to Zoom as I was for many many years. I wouldn't change it for anything else even if it was stolen I would buy the same. I have compared it with some pod metal guitar effeccts, Boss GT-10, Older Zoom guitar effects and it's really a supperrior machine.

I have never been bother with the support. Never needed it. I can't afford atm a backup or whatever so I don't use a backup. The only negatives I see is: a) weight (it's too heavy but well it's all made of metal). b) I love the design and watching the two lamps in it but I think that this could be a problem if liquid drops there. But well somehow heat must be going out).

When I first saw this Machine I was like "WTH? Is this an airplane Machine or a guitar effect machine?" from first looks seems kinda nasty but well. When I started using it found it really nice and easy to make some nice sounds. Editing patches etc. Is a very easy job to do. Well knowning some basics about effects helps a lot too. And the manual helps a lot too. Well about the firmware I am not sure what's the version and I have never upgraded it.

couple tests on my g9.2tt with JJ tubes recorded via USB
    http://youtu.be/vjCYmF zn4k0
    couple tests on my g9.2tt with JJ tubes recorded via USB
    http://youtu.be/vjCYmF zn4k0
    RL00011
    I've had this for about 10 months and think it sounds awesome. Just a note for anyone saying it sounds like shit, there are a few settings to tweak that can improve your tone that you may not think of. Under wah/efx1 there is an effect called booster, you can tweak it like you would with a tubescreamer to tighten your sounds up, especially when using high gain. Also there is a button called amp select system, if you press this and use the Patch/Parm1/Tone knob above it to switch through the selections it will drastically change the tone. (Personal preference here) Don't use speaker cabinet simulation unless you are recording from the unit. Finally, when setting the eq don't just assume you want it a certain way, set it all flat every time then adjust each eq knob individually slightly just like you do on a real amp. Peace.
    RL00011
    Another quick note, if you have an input to your power amp on your amp, plug it into there and bypass the amp's preamp using the G9.2TT as your preamp.
    shinde.shantanu
    Yeah I had the same question you see?? They've mentioned and option to cozily mount an external Looper. But do they give a Looper inbuilt. Last thing to confirm please lemme know if you are across this.