GFX-1 review by Zoom

Zoom: GFX-1

Purchased from: Music Store

I use an OLP John Petrucci guitar with an Aria AG-10 amp. The guitar is exelent but the amp could do with alot more work. Dispite the amp bieng crap this effects pedal gets the best posibble sound out of it. It can sometimes be noisy but is easly overcome with the right noise reduction setting so that problem fixed. Chorus, flanger, phase, doubling, tremilo, step, cry baby, ring mod, slow attack, pitch, delay, echo, hall and room are the effects you can get out of this not mentioning wah noise reduction equilizer ect. Every one of those efects listed above sound perect nothing wrong with them and you can attach an expression pedal for maximum controll. I haven't really tried to get sounds of different people I like to create my own sound but I really do think that if tried yuo can get the almost exact sound of many populer artists. There is a very long extension of different distortions to choose from and every one of them are perfected.

I play blues, lead, metal, hard rock and this pedal fits that style perfectly and it does suit almost all other styles of music. with 10 banks and 4 patches in each (that's 40 stored efects at one time) you can store every different effect yuo can think of fro a good long time. these patches have pre-set effets on them rangiong from a classic bank multi EFX bank to a heavy bank. I've been playing for 2 years and this is my first effects pedal, I have although used various other effect pedals. One problem is that it doesnt seem quit finished without an expresion pedal but this will not effect its score. If this were stolen or lost I'd buy it again and if I had mroe money I'd get an expresison pedal. I love the extensive effects to choose from and I don't hate anything about it. I did wish it had an intergrated expression pedal but it isnt a nessesity.

This pedal is built like a brick! solid metal casing would not break for a good solid 4 years. Though I'm not a electrition expert I don't know about the wireing but il assure you that it shouldnt be faulty. I would deffenatly use this in a gig without a backup.

This effects pedal is the best I've seen in a very long time and in its price range it's unmatched. The selection of effects and distortions are huge and can be given a good sound out of it easly. Editing the patchs couldn't be made any more simpler simply turn the knob to the desiered distortion ot effect or both then press edit then select the patch you wish to save it on! It is also helpful to read the manual which is also brilliant.