GFX-1 review by Zoom

Zoom: GFX-1

Purchased from: Noteables

I'm mainly using a Ibanex GRX 40 with a simple Ibanez GTA 10 amp. Crappy amp but this pedal makes it sound awesome. I've only used this amp for playing at home but it could easily pull of a small gig of about 50 people. The effects are always great as long as you know what you want. Some of my favorite sounds to get out of this pedal are Green Day, Colin James, and Led Zeppelin sounds [works perfect]. All the effects work for me and have good sound quality.

I play a lot of punk/rock/metal and this pedal matches the sounds I wanted perfectly. I've only been playing guitar for two years but have done afew gigs and know that sound quality is everything. My pedal is purple, personally I love the color. If the pedal was stolen I'd probably upgrade to the Zoom GFX-5 or a Boss multi-effect pedal. The best part of this pedal is you don't even have to get down to use it, you can just use your feet the whole time. But I hate some of the small controls. I chose this pedal because it's small, powerful, and affordable. I just wish the buttons didn't break as easy as mine did.

This pedal is built like a brick, however it does have some minor errors. There are about 6 little tiny buttons on it and I pushed one of them alittle too hard and it broke inside of the pedal, and I tried to take the screws out of it so I could fix it and a little peice got loose and likes to run around inside of the pedal. If you're gonna buy this amp, know that it has certain limits to how you treat it. I would definately use this pedal without anything to back it up.

The sound from this pedal is amazing, doesn't matter what kind of setup or amp you have, it will bring the max out of it. Editing your sounds has never been so easy, even if you use your feet. The manual is pretty much a waste of time, too easy to figure out on your own. Press the button and it turns the effect on, press the same one again and it bypasses the pedal, or hold the button and it mutes the whole setup. Also have the option to add a Wah pedal.