GFX-1 review by Zoom

• Reviewer's score: 6 Neat
Zoom: GFX-1

Purchased from: Samash

I used it as a preamp. there wasn't really much you could get out of it apart from a basic clean sound and basic distortion. the effects were pretty weak. you couldnt really get any distinctive sound out of it. The effects were pretty low end and the overall quallity wasn't were I would of like it to be.

I doesnt't really matter what type of music you gonna play, your not gonna get a distictive sound out of it anyway. If you had nothing, then I would be better, but there are millions of better pedals out there. If it was stolen I wouldn't think about going back and getting another. The only thing I like about it was haveing four channels to Switch between but you can get that with any other pedal.

Apart from haveing a bad sound it never broke down or stopped working on me. The only problem I had with it was when I tried to switch channels and if you hit two of them (which isnt hard to do) it would completly switch banks and you would have to hit a million buttons to get it to go back to the one you want. Which is really bad if you in the middle of a song.

When I first bought this pedal I thought it was good. That was before I had any type of pedal. But there are so many better pedals out there than this one. there aren't really that many good effects and the ones that are it's to hard edit to get it to sound good. And if you want to have an effect over distortion and then you want to take it off, you have to have it in a completly new channel which wastes space. it's kinda confusing editing them and it takes forever because you have to press the button a hundred million times before you get what you want out of it.