GFX-4 review by Zoom

Zoom: GFX-4

Purchased from: Ebay

Awesome effects. This is one of the last true analog multi-effects pedals, so the sounds are pure and true, (unlike the digital, robotic sound distortions, now.) I love hard rock and some metal, and I can get some of the most violent sounding distortions from the GFX-4. There are so many different amp and guitar simulators, you'll be able to make even a crappy amp sound decent. Rock, country, jazz... It's all here. Now, some bad news. BE AWARE that if you want to Switch from one pedal effect to another, or add in an effect what you're already playing, there will be split second of silence as you do the switch. It's not a long delay, but it goes completely quite for about 1/8 of a second. For that, and that reason alone, I have to drop it a full 2 points in rating. The sound effects are a 10 in quality, but that pause of silence between effects is killer, when trying to record.

This thing is for real. It's not a cheapo pedal in any sense of the word. You really get your monies worth. Every effect is quality in sound. I would say buy this pedal, and I'd probably look for another one, if it was lost/stolen. I love everything about this pedal... Except that damned delay between switching effects! Haha

This thing is a brick. I don't see it any damage on it, but then again, I'm pretty gentle with my equipment. I've kept it clean and safe for years, and it still works like new. I would definitely depend on it at a gig, if there wasn't for that damned delay between changing effects! Grrrr!

Love my GFX-4. Buttons are easy to figure out. Just turn until you get the effect desired. "Save" to keep it permanent. You can really tweak the hell outta this thing, to your own taste. There is a bit of a learning curve. Not the easiest pedal to understand, but after awhile, you'll be able to find and create with ease.