GFX-5 review by Zoom

Zoom: GFX-5

Purchased from: camcole

The sound I get is superb! I use an Ibanez EDR470EX. and a Fender amp. When I use distortion I do notice a litle noise. The effects are great and fully adjustable. You can use the energize knob to adjust the sound to the room you're in. The wah-wah is great to.

My overall impression is that the Zoom GFX-5 is ideal for stage performances. I play rock songs and I can't imagine a life without it. It has so much to offer. I play it for 2 years and I'm not changing soon. It sounds great.

The GFX-5 is very durable. It's made out of metal. A negative point is that he doesn't work well at cold temteratures. This can be a problem in the winter. When you are going to play a gig make sure it doesn't get to cold for the GFX-5. Keep it warm. This has no effect on the sound.

I personally like the GFX-5 because he's so easy to use. he has 2 buttons to Switch a bank up or down and 3 buttons to Switch patches within the current bank. very easy to use. You have 120 patches. User patches and preset patches. Only the user patches can be edited. Editing patches is easy. You have the effect module where you can toggle effects on or of with one button. With the edit button you can edit every effect. The GFX-5 has an expression pedal. With this you can control several things: WAH, pitch, mod, gain, reverb, volume and the sampler. very usefull. It also has an internal drum Machine which can generate up to 60 paterns. In the Drive module you can choose 11 effects. (acoustic, metal, fuzz, distortion, Overdrive, Zoom, hi-gain, clean, BG, MS, FDR) It also has a turbo and an edge button to have an even better control. Connecting is easy. The inputs are good. It has a clip for the power cable to make sure he wouldn't get loose. The GFX-5 contains an operation manual in several languages. They are well explained, with a very usefull patchlist at the back.

mannyfresh
    I own this pedal. Sometimes it starts switching effects at random while im playing! It started doing this right after the 1 yr. warranty ended. Does anyone else have this problem?
    mannyfresh
    Out of Exile wrote: Is the pitch-bender of the GFX-5 or Zoom Products in general better than the Digitech Whammy?
    NNOOOOOooo the gfx 5 has low bit rate sound quality sometimes making it sound "digitized" coming out ur amp
    letterkills
    seriously, should i get this or the Zoom G2.1u? which one sound better? thanks i'd love the g7.1ut..but its too expensive...
    allanex65
    I sold my GFX-5 and picked up a GNX3000. The sooner I realized that the GNX3000 is so lame compared to the GFX-5, I switched back. Now I'm happy. The only thing I regretted was that I dumped my old GFX-5 for a unit that is created by hype. Don;t be fooled. Get a Zoom instead of a GNX3000