GFX-5 review by Zoom

Zoom: GFX-5

Price paid: C$ 207

Purchased from: Fronteers Pawn Shop, LLB

Running an ESP/LTD F-100 FM through a specialized Roland amp, I have it set for some heavy as hell distortion. Its usually more quiet than a mouse, but sometimes with the wrong settings the buzz can be annoying but quickly fixed. So far all the effects are working well, though I've noticed a volume drop from setting 1 to setting 3, but its nothing someone can't handle. So far the only thing I don't like about this pedal is that after many years of abuse some buttons stick and the bass volume knob likes to Switch the amount between 0-1 or so forth. By editing the sound, you can make it sound almost like any half stack amp, even with a Peavey rage practice amp.

After 4 years of guitar, and 2 years of metal playing I just think this pedal is amazing. It has its moments where you want to throw it off a bridge, but you realize that two buttons make it work perfect again. If someone stole it, I'd find them and slap them with it because I love it that much. Only thing I wish it had was a messa triple rectifier attached to it.

Amazing. Throw it in a back pack, you can toss it around and it'll only get stronger. Solid body, I'd put it against a train and it may win. I've played some live shows, not once have I had to worry if it was going to fail. Even after being left in -40 c temps, it still worked after it warmed up. By far the most dependable pedal I've used.

I bought it second hand, and I still think its one of the best multi effects I've ever used for its (new) price range. To get your sound is as easy as making a cake, it only takes time. Pluging it in is simple, straight forward and the power cord has a tab on the side incase you move it, you wont get powered down. The online manual is simple as well and pretty straight forward, easy to follow and helps out alot in terms of finding exactly what each effect does.

mashif999
    supreme snapbacks Such clever work and reporting! Keep up the great works guys I've added you guys to my blog roll. This is a great article thanks for sharing this informative information. I will visit your blog regularly for some latest post.