GFX-707 review by Zoom

Zoom: GFX-707

Purchased from: Curlys musical store

I'm currently running this with an Epiphone Les Paul Standard and a Marshall stack amp. It is noisy but it is possible to change each individual patches volume. The effects always sound pretty good. I can get the sound of my favourite artists. There are preset patches like blues distortion and lead which is great for playing along to one of my favourites Eric Clapton and great cheesy lead patches for other favourites like Pearl jam. If there arent presets ready for you make your own. you always get close to youre desired sound. There is plenty of good lead and chorus effects but surprisingly not a decent clean.

It's great as I've said for playing my music like Pearl jam and clapton, I've been playing for about eight years and I am sixteen. I have a les paul(epiphone), a strat bass and my effects processors Zoom 707 & 05. If it was lost I would probably buy it again, I love the preset patches, but I don't like the way you have to scan through the effects to find the desired one although you can move them around to within range of eachother to make live playing possible. Before I bought this I was given a Zoom505 the 707 is a big improvment it has a added rhythm feature more patches sampling function and a text screen showing instructions which makes things alot easier.

I can depend on it for its quality. I would use it on a gig without backup as its never let me down yet.

The Zoom 707 effects proccessor is easy to get a sound out of and is easy to create your own patches although preset patches like Van Halen distortion are very good to use as well. However the sampling function is hard to get a grip of.