GFX-707 review by Zoom

Zoom: GFX-707

Purchased from: Stringsdirect.co.uk

I use a 1987 Marshall valve amp and a Yamaha Pacifica, and I have very good quality sound. The effects could do with a bit of tampering but you are able to get the best quality sounds.

Whatever style you play, this pedal will cater for it - it has 120 patches and 72 effects. I play blues/funk/rock/metal and this pedal is great for these styles. I've been playing on and off for years but have really gotten started in the last 18 - 20 months. I'd buy it again if I lost it (hope I never do that!) unless a newer model had been released. I love the wah pedal on the side, which can also change pitch, volume or any other effect you care to mention. It would be cool if was made of metal so that I could be a little less careless with it. Definitely the best pedal in its price range. If your budget is up to 120 (don't know that in $) go for it.

Very dependable - if using batteries bring spares (runs on 4x standard AA batteries) - I would use at a gig but be warned: unless you use the patch change function well it could take a little while to switch between patches.

A great sound at the touch of a pedal, very easy to edit but make sure you read the maual first. I have the mkii version of this unit, awesome sound quality. Remember to take time on the manual if you're unconfident.