GFX-707 review by Zoom

Zoom: GFX-707

Purchased from: Ebay

I use this with a Gibson Les Paul and a handmade Pacifica, so these produce a nice tone, then the Zoom, then a Marshall GV-2. Nowadays, I hardly ever use the pedal for distortion, as I much prefer the sound of my Marshall pedal. The Zoom is good for clean effects, but the distortion is really hard to get a nice tone with, it seems to lose all it's quality. The chorus is good, as are the acoustic simulators if you can find a decent patch and I like the wah on it.

I really like this pedal, it is great, the only disapointment is the distortion on it, and I have tried many different ones. So, if you want a Foo Fighter/Green Day all that style, don't get this, but a Guns N' Roses sound, it's perfect and all the clean sounds too. If this got stolen, I would buy another, for the easy of use and the nice clean tones, or I might try the 707 II. This is a good pedal.

This is great, I have dropped it, spilt stuff on it, sat on it, anything and it keeps going. I have gigged it without a backup, and it's great. Although I have never played using batteries, but I never trust batteries with any pedals!

This is a really easy pedal to use, was my first Multi-FX one, and I found programming all the patches really easy, I looked at the manual, which wasn't too much help really, but I jsut worked it out in about 10 minutes. Can easily change through the effects too and easy to use on stage.