GFX-707 review by Zoom

Zoom: GFX-707

Purchased from: ABC music

I can get a great sound out of most of them, some effects are a little odd and is cool for experimental music but, you can make your own effects also. It's really great how there are many different tones to choose from, they don't all sound the same at all. a variety of tones. I mostly use the Van Halen effect cause It sounds so sweet. It has a deep tone and sounds like Eddie Van Halen's guitar. I can also get a tone that sounds like Greenday's stuff and Metallica. You can plug it into pretty much any amp. I really like it. It also has a pedal where you can change the pitches and tones. You can edit whatever you want on it and make your own effects.

I like to play any style of music and this pedal gives me a range. It has a guitar tuner in it also. I have been playing for 5 years and I own a Zoom GFX-707 and a Fender Twin Reverb and a Fender Telecaster. If something happend to my Zoom I would buy it again, if not then I would get the $500 new pedal that's out, It looks sweet, although I haven't messed with it yet. I love everything about the Zoom. I have compared it to the little $40 pedals you can get and this Zoom gives you like 50 of those in one plus a tuner, a recorder (for 6 sec), a pedal, and many more things.

I've used it playing shows, droped it a couple times and have had it for about 4 years without any problems. I love it. The only thing I have had to fix on it was the solder in the chip, a small dot of it helped. which is very easy to fix. Nothing big at all and it's still running.

I love this pedal, I have used it for about 4 years and still works. To my knowledge, I'm pretty sure the price has dropped. It has many different effects that sound awesome. A Van Halen effect is included and it gives a deep rockin sound. The only bad thing is that you have to switch quickly to where you want the effect to be if you play a show and you want to change the tone to something else. The good thing is that you can program where you want the effects, if by each other or not.

wolfnetong5
    I agree, the 707 is a great effects processor. Also, I find the fact that it has a X-character LCD display really helpful. You get to customize names of patches, rather than referring to them as just A1, or B5. But that's just me. =)