GFX-707 review by Zoom

• Reviewer's score: 7 Good
Zoom: GFX-707

Purchased from: A Friend

As for me, I have an old Peavey Bandit 65 with an old Black widow speaker, and so the sound is not that great; however, I have recently recorded directly onto my Audacity program, the sound is really great coming through a quality sound system. I never really have been to excited about the sound I get and now I think I just need to get a better amp. The sound my friend was getting with his old squire strat was amazing! I found out that he went out and bought another pedal exactly the same as the one he sold me! I think it's a great first pedal. The amp sim is my favorite effect, I use only the "combo A" setting.

I play a Bandit 65 and my guitar is an Epi Special. I don't really like the sound I get from this set up, and like I said, I'm probably getting another amp. I was planning on getting a Floor POD, but I'm going to hold off until I've used it on a good amp. I have heard this thing sounding really sweet on my friend's Squire Strat and Crate tube amp, so I'll see about it then. Not bad at all for a first pedal.

These pedals all have the same problem sooner or later. All the connections in the back eventually come loose. My pedal has been re-soldered more than once. And my friend Who bought another after he sold me this one, also had loose connection problems too. If you gig with it, be careful, or you'll have problems with the connections.

This FX pedal is my first one. I bought it from a good friend of mine Who was the lead guitarist in the band I previously played in. I really liked the sound he was getting with this unit, and so I let him know if he ever wanted to let it go to give me a call. He had lost the owners manual, so I had to figure out everything on my own. I really found that the more I took time to adjust the settings, the easier it got. I also have recently downloaded the owners manual, and I pretty much knew everything on it. Lots of really great features.

Linered
    How to get this similar like Metallica sounds? i tried, but i don't get till the end... can you help me?
    deceit
    if anyone wants to sell me one of these im totally in for buying it
    davegrohljr
    If you check ebay once in a while, you cand find some floating around - even the bass version is out there too!
    eric707
    hello my name is eric. i need help, my zoom707 is not working. when i turn on i see only numbers n all the buttons also not working even if i press hard(only the drive key is workin but no sound)there used to be names of the channel but now all i see is numbers and cant change it, please help
    davegrohljr
    I have since bought a Randall RG200 tube amp. I was considering buying a POD 2.0; my new amp took away the need! This pedal with the right amp can sound amazing!