MRS-8 review by Zoom

Zoom: MRS-8

Purchased from: Samson Technologies Corp.

I am not exactly a professional musician since I basicaly just have a beginners setup. The guitar is an Indiana and the amp is made by Johnson. Some of the distortion settings give too much feedback, but I think that is to be expected. If you are using the correct equipment you should have no problems with sound effects quality. I have been able to get many of the sounds I hear from my favorite artists and am sure I can get even more with some practice.

I have no particular style of music. I like to experiment and usually play whatever I feel at the time. I also own a keyboard synth. and looking into buying a midi output device. If money were no concern I would probably buy another device, but for the money, the MRS-8 is an amazing product. I think my favorite feature would have to be the guitar effects feature and send/return effects feature.

I have run into one problem with dependability when it comes to switching sound effects from the mic to guitar while still on the same recording track, but other than that, this device seems quite dependable. I have not had any shows as of yet, but I hope to soon using this kickass product.

Just experiment for a few days with this device and you can do some amazing things. I have just been using a 10-watt amp and the sound quality is awesome. The device itself comes with multiple editing patches. The manual is a bit complicated, but I think that is because there is so much you can do with this recording device.