MS-100BT review by Zoom

Zoom: MS-100BT

Purchased from: Amazon

Bluetooth/Extra effects: For starters I got the Bluetooth hooked up with my iPad in 1 minute, I downloaded the Stompshare app and everything was smooth from there.. What I like is that you could actually try a pedal before you buy it and I eventually ended up buying most of what I tried... What I don't like is the absence of a function which lets you control the effect chain from the iPad which would have been a lot easier for many of us. Once you plug it into the iPad it updates automatically and without any button pushes and well editing patches isn't as easy as larger pedals just because you have to actually use your hands for it but it is easy because of the supplied manual which teaches you everything you need to know.

Distortion: I got to say I've seen some great distortion pedals I even have a Boss one but I said i'll give it a shot on the zoom. You would be surprised how clear the tone is.. how every twist of a know will make a huge difference... I had little or no buzzing problem, and when I had a buzzing problem BAMM I just added another pedal which is a noise gate and all my problems are solved. Delay/Reverb: I didn't like the delays much but after a while I knew how to add more effects (I'll talk about in a while) and everything seemed to work. I even tried being funky putting reverb with delays with an EQ and it still preformed top notch.

Amp Models: The ones available on the pedal are great but not to my taste they sound great, I even got that Slash GnR tone from sweet child o mine and they did sound great... Things started getting even better when I added more from my iPad, I got the tone I wanted and was looking for and still the pedal wouldn't give up on the battery.

Random Effects: I tried using a lot of weird effects just for fun, and to my surprise some are really quite fun.. You have this one pedal which gives the sound of bombs with each note, and bombs in the middle east are quite an amusing thing.. Another effect I tried is one which actually bends a chord so you play a chord and it just bends it like one step which makes it funky... Another one I used was the synth which actually made my parents think I was actually trying to learn synth.

I have 3 Boss pedals and a cry baby other than this in my rig and as pretty much everybody knows Boss pedals are so durable and are as tough as diamonds. It's safe to say that Zoom has the same build quality and durability... It is built from fine metal which prevents a couple of scratches its also built in a way to protect the buttons and the screen so this also is a good thing. For power consumption, this is a beast at what it gives. The batteries that came with the pedal didn't last long, about 4 hours of play, how ever I replaced the batteries with Duracells and they seem to last about 10 hours which is great so Zoom succeeded in this.

Pros:
- Durable
- Battery Lasts long
- Distortion pedals are wow
- All effects sound natural
- Availability of 100 Effects on it
- Addition on more effects from iOS
- Connection through Bluetooth is smooth

Cons:
- Effect Chain can not be controlled from iOS device

I play majorly rock, classic rock and this has all the effects needed and I already have a couple of pedals and with the size of one of those stompboxes it fits normally into my pedal board without any change.

I have been playing for 6 years I own Boss OD-2 and Dunlop MXR Analog Chorus and Dunlop Cry Baby and TC Electronics Hall of Fame Reverb... Sometimes and just for fun with the band I use some weird effects and we have this kind of alternative rock kind of songs which is nice.