Tri Metal TM-01 review by Zoom

Zoom: Tri Metal TM-01

Purchased from: Local Music shop

I run it through a Hughes & Kettner amp and a Jackson Flying V and it sounds sweet! No matter how much gain and treble this baby is as quite as if it were switched off. The distortion is very strong and sharpe and any setting it sounds great! The sound can range from Pantera to any stage of Metallica young and old and alot more.

I play heavy metal to Death Metal and it's the perfect pedal for it, I used to own a MT-2 and I couldn't get as much variation off it. If this was stolen I hunt the bastard down and break his neck! I love everything from the design to the sound of the pedal! I compared it to Metal Zone and this won easily! I wish that the pedal would would light up for playing in dark venues! But that's me.

I can depend on this fully it seems very strong with the alluminium case. Also it's nice and heavy so it won't budge on stage. I would use it easily without a back-up though I'd bring batteries.

This is a sigle distortion pedal from Zoom, it's pretty new, not too sure but it's the best metal pedal out there, even better than the Metal Zone. Your sound can range from Pantera to Metallica and any other style. It's very easy to use the basic gain, treble, middle, range, bass and level, and I liked that alot. That was another problem with the Metal Zone highs and lows that I want distortion that takes a second to set up not 10 minutes! The manual is basic and good, It also gives you samples which are alright for beginners, basicly it tells you how to set up the pedal.