Fuzz Factory review by Zvex

Zvex: Fuzz Factory

Purchased from: thetubestore.com

As aforementioned, the chief user of the Fuzz Factory is Matt Bellamy, the virtuostic and energetic frontman and guitarist of Muse. Although it won't make you believe in global conspiracy, the FF will give you his exact tone with ease (barring amp settings). Also, if you're a Weezer fan or Hendrix or Arctic Monkeys or Smashing Pumpkins, you can get those tones as well. The sound quality of this pedal is peerless, and the manifest ability to fabricate any type of distortion gives it great utilitarian usage on your pedalboard. The FF is capable of clean tones with great attack, scooped mids, and pristine clarity and Pick response. With minor tweaking, that same clean sound can evolve into a full blown saturated oscillating nitrofuzz wall of sound. Also, it is possible to manipulate your pitch of feedback or pinch it completely. Furthermore, while the fuzz is immense, stop playing or mute and there is zero buzz, hiss, feedback, or evidence of fuzz with the pedal still on! I've never seen a stompbox with that capability. (Give me a break, I've never had good pedals.) You get what you pay for, as the FF has the sonic vocabulary of 10 fuzzboxes!

Personally, I am involved primarily with the Indie-progressive scene, and dabble in classic/blues rock and the FF fits the bill perfectly for my styles of music. I previously utilized a Big Muff USA for my tone, and this far surpasses it in every regard. It is by far the highest quality pedal I have ever used, is fully interactive and highly adaptive. Works best with tube amps, but sounds better than your other pedals even on a 15 watt solid state/combo. This pedal is also tiny and takes up next to no space on the pedalboard. Runs on a 9volt, or if you get the Vexter you can use an adaptor like I do. I hear they can go on one battery for 3+ years! Essentially, this is the pinnacle pedal for the recording guitarist Who fancies a wide variation of fuzz tones and has a bit of extra money lying around. I highly recommend it!

This pedal is indestructible! Solid stainless steel construction, the knobs are secure, no parts are loose or can be easily jostled about or broken. Kick it around a bit. No backup needed. I hear Mr. Vex is very responsive to emails and inquiries if you ever somehow break it.

Before purchasing said product, I carried out a process of extensive research and inquiry. I observed that a majority or reviews and buyer testimony would indicate that a predominant aspect of the Zvex Fuzz Factory is the inherent "difficulty in finding 'your' tone." I would tend to refute this, however, as the five knobs (4 control fuzz, 1 volume) each represent a unique function; those Who have done previous research or prerused the manual would in all likelihood be able to put two and two together in no time and use the functions effectively. There is a period of trial and error to fine-tune your sound and eliminate unwanted feedback and squeal, but at most it would take 20 minutes. Furthermore, the ubiquitous nature of FF related forums and reviews can assist you in dialing in your tone, with a plethora of pre-made settings lists. For example, the Muse messageboard is a great one if you want the ever-sought after Matt Bellamy FF tone!

CryingAlone
    I really want on of these, it will cost me $288.00 from my local store. Thats a little much for me but i really want one of these babys... i was wondering if i can get a Muse tone with any other cheaper products.
    neophreak
    frickin awesome fuzz. best fuzz i have ever played. i have the volume at 80, gate at full, comp at 30, drive at full and stab at full. such an amazing pedal. i got mine at guitar center for $180. yeah its the vexter series and was made in taiwan, but so what. as long as zack vex approves and it sounds good, then so what if its made in taiwan or wherever. i plan to eventually buy a zvex box of metal. get this pedal.