USA (Omaha), November 5, 2007 Review

artist: Avenged Sevenfold date: 02/26/2009 category: live concerts

Sign up to get weekly digest with top stories from UG. Ads free, only news.

Thanks for subscribing! Check your email soon for some great stories from UG

Avenged Sevenfold: USA (Omaha), November 5, 2007
 Perfomance: 10
 8.5
review (1) 3 comments vote for this concert:
USA (Omaha), November 5, 2007 Reviewed by: a7xbass, on february 26, 2009

Sound: Overall the sound and performance were amazing. Both Syn and Zacky shred at the guitars just as well as in the studio, and Shadows's vocals I wouldn't say were spot on but were definately good. The second I caught sight of the Rev's drumset I nearly shat in my pants from the sheer awesome. // 10

Perfomance: 01. Critical Acclaim - Great opener. I nearly lost my voice on the first song. Great gitarwork by Syn and Zacky. 02. Remenissions - Great song Live. I was surprised with how many old school A7X fans were singing along with every word. (As I was) 03. Beast and the Harlot - My personal favorite and obviously a cowd favorite. Lots of moshing, this was probably their best song Live in terms of sound and crowd involvement. 04. Burn It Down - Great song Live, everybody was going crazy, dueling guitars made this song insane. 05. Aferlife - The sound was really good, especially syn's solo. The only downside is the violin recording in the background, but I guess there's not much they can do with that. 06. I Won't See You Tonight, part 1 - It really surprised me that they played this, and it also surprised me how many people knew the words. 07. Scream - Good, good song, butsince it was less than a week after the album came out i wish more people would have been familiar with it. 08. Almost Easy - Shadows played the crowd really well. We were all screaming "I'm not insane!" 09. Bat Country - Awesome song, what else can I say? Encore: Everyone was chanting "Sevenfold!" And unsurprisingly we got to hear more music. 10. Seize the Day - Zacky came out with an acoustic and all the lighters were up. Great sound, great feel. 11. Unholy Confessions - Great way to close out the night, with the old school fan favorite. Great performance. // 10

Overall Impression: It was at Sokol Auditorium in Omaha, NE, U.S. on Noember 5. Openers were Black Tide, the Confession, and Operator. It was a great show. The sound was great and every player nailed their part. This was my first concert, and an amazing experience getting to see my all time favorite band. I even met M. Shadows after the show and met the REv at a later Sevenfold concert. Overall it was great, and I wish I could Live it again. // 10

More Avenged Sevenfold reviews rating latest review