Australia (Melbourne), Febuary 3, 2007 Review

artist: Eric Clapton date: 02/12/2007 category: live concerts

Sign up to get weekly digest with top stories from UG. Ads free, only news.

Thanks for subscribing! Check your email soon for some great stories from UG

Eric Clapton: Australia (Melbourne), Febuary 3, 2007
 Perfomance: 10
review (1) 2 comments vote for this concert:
Australia (Melbourne), Febuary 3, 2007 Reviewed by: blink+guitar, on february 12, 2007

Sound: Eric Clapton sounded amazing it was like a dream come true hearing on that stage. Eric used his custom shop Eric Clapton strat, and for the sit down part of it Eric used a sig Martin acoustic. He played his amazing sound through a Fender '57 Twin amp (sounded great), He also used Vox V847 wah pedal, with a Boss TR-2 Tremlo pedal. Clapton sounded like a dream the sound was so good it blew me away and I'm sure it amazed the rest of the crowd, the feeling in the air was so amazing. // 10

Perfomance: The audience really got in to it they where singing a long and clapping, the crowd was so in to it we clapped so long at the end they came on for an encore. 01. Tell The Truth - a great song even if it's not as popular as his other ones it was a great start. 02. Key To The Highway - went home and downladed the song it was so great. 03. Got To Get Better In A Little While - amazing classic. 04. Little Wing - respect to Hendrix. 05. Why Does Love Got To Be So Sad? - great song every one loved it. 06. Driftin' Blues - amazing acoustic song. 07. Outside Woman Blues - awesome. 08. Nobody Knows You When You're Down And Out - blew me away. 09. Running On Faith - awesome song to end the acoustic session. 10. Motherless Children - crowd loved it. 11. Little Queen Of Spades - had neveer heard it before love it now. 12. Further On Up The Road - see above. 13. Wonderful Tonight - so much emotion, my fav. 14. Layla - crowd fav every one stood on their feet and claped. Encore: 15. Cocaine - another fav it was like hearing a CD at full blast. 16. Crossroads - perfect way to end the night. // 10

Overall Impression: The show was part of the world tour 2006/2007, it was in a Australia, in Melbourne, at the Rod Laver Arena, the dat eof te show was 3 feb 2007 the first show he has done it melbourne for like 20 18 years. I don't remember the support band but I didn't like them much, their timing and their sound was of but that probaly was the nerves. The show was so amazing I loved it all you can6t hate anything about it. I was in Gold seating and my ticket cost $200 dollars the show was worth every cent I also brought $300 dollars worth of merchandise. The whole show was unforgettable it was the best momment of my whole life. I would defintaly go again if Clapton came to Melbourne again and if their was another major concert some where in the world I would hope I could go. // 10

More Eric Clapton reviews rating latest review