USA (Phoenix), March 14, 2007 Review

artist: G3 date: 03/30/2007 category: live concerts

Sign up to get weekly digest with top stories from UG. Ads free, only news.

Thanks for subscribing! Check your email soon for some great stories from UG

G3: USA (Phoenix), March 14, 2007
 Perfomance: 9
 9.4
 9.3
 9.5
review (1) user comments vote for this concert:
USA (Phoenix), March 14, 2007 Reviewed by: unregistered, on march 30, 2007

Sound: Joe Satriani, Paul Gilbert and John Petrucci. This show was at the Dodge Theatre and was 4 hours of intense guitar shredding. Paul Gilbert opened and upon an audience request he kicked into my favourite song, Scarified! From fifth row center we had a great view of Joe Satriani performing his greats, I have seen now 3 times in PHX! I never knew who John Petrucci was, and now he is my current favorite artist. He played all songs from his solo debut Suspended Animation. I just purchased the CD and am learning Jaws of Life. Since I don't have a 7 string, it helps to use a pitch shifter to -5 steps. In the end they all performed a tribute to Jimi Hendrix. Paul Gilbert shows his superb tone and ability to sing in Foxy Lady. // 9

Perfomance: I enjoyed this show more than any other show I have been to in the last five years. Judging from the audiences response I beleive they felt the same way. One bonus was the good looking drunk girl who gave me a hug and talked to me. There was one bad note in the entire show. A half step off. I guess that ruins it all. Visual effects were limited to fog and lights for those of us sober. // 9

Overall Impression: This concert was in Phoenix, AZ USA. It was at the Dodge Theatre. It occured on March fourteenth (14th). Paul Gilbert opened the show with a double neck guitar played by two people, one being the capo and one sweeping arpeggios. The tickets cost 48.00 for fifth row where I was. Fourth row was 72.00. It was definately worth the money. I won't forget Scarified and Jaws of Life. I'll definately go next time around. // 10

More G3 reviews rating latest review