USA (Salt Lake City), March 12, 2011 Review

artist: Morning Teleportation date: 06/14/2011 category: live concerts

Sign up to get weekly digest with top stories from UG. Ads free, only news.

Thanks for subscribing! Check your email soon for some great stories from UG

Morning Teleportation: USA (Salt Lake City), March 12, 2011
 Perfomance: 10
review (1) pictures (5) user comments vote for this concert:
USA (Salt Lake City), March 12, 2011 Reviewed by: 801Current, on june 14, 2011

Sound: The singer was good, he was also the lead and rhythm guitarist. A lot of responsibility, but he pulled it off great. If you listen to Morning Teleportation's album you get a feeling that they won't be able to pull that sound off live. The sound was great, loud, but mixed very well. Instruments: Guitar, Bass Guitar, Keyboards, Drums/Percussion, Saxophone. Keyboardist switched to sax to cover a missing fifth member who, after that performance, seems totally unnecessary. // 10

Perfomance: It was a small crowd at a small venue, but everyone enjoyed the music. It was really great; they had two opening acts who were pretty good as well. Everyone was jumping around and dancing, no one wasn't having a good time. Although this is my favorite band, by the time I went and saw them their album had only been out a few days. Hadn't had time to listen to every song enough to know the names of them as they played them. 01. "Boom Puma" - Great opener (can't remember if it was) everyone sang a long at the chorus. 02. "Expanding Anyway" - towards the end if not the closer, but everyone was singing to this. 03. "Crystalline" - everyone tried to sing along to this, but it's a bit of a tongue twister in the chorus, beautiful song. 04. "Wholehearted Drifting Sense Of Intertia" - This song got us moving like crazy. 05. "Snow Frog Vs. Motor Cobra" - This one is the first song I heard by MT, great song, very interesting. 06. "Just A Figment" - I love the guitar part for this. 07. "Cold Weather Sunshine" - This song is one of my favorite, really cool change of pace. It's like an intermission in the album, right now I can't remember if they did play this, but excellent all the same. 08. "Eyes The Same" - Everyone loved this. 09. "Daydream Electric Storm" - This one was great, it was right on, and beautiful. 10. "Foreign Planes" - Crazy song, man. 11. "Guitar Disco" - Supposed to be on a banjo... Guitar worked too. 12. "Treble Chair" - This song just makes you happy, and dance. Best part was in the end when Tiger came down into the crowd for the last part of the song. // 10

Overall Impression: US, Salt Lake City, Kilby Court, can't remember date, but right after album release. Max Paine And The Groovies and The S________:( both good local bands, but I'm drawing a blank on the second's name. I loved that everyone was dancing and it was fun, I hated the drunk chick running around. Tickets were 8 dollars, and I would pay three times that to see them again. Just when they started playing, it didn't stop until they were done and I was in the front it was great. I was looking forward to their next gig for months, but got held back because they ended up playing a 21+ bar and I am sadly under that age. So, yes I will go to their next gig that I can get into. // 10

Comments