UK (Reading), July 3, 2007
mr.glavin, on september 03, 2007 0 of 0 people found this review helpful
Sound: I have to say the Chilli's sound was the best I've heard from any gig I've been to (and I've been to quite a few). The frankly dire opening band !!!'s sound was aweful and making out individual instruments was hard. But the Chili's sound was impecable and Anthony's voice was spot on especially during an amazing version of Can't Stop. The sound levels were perfect as you can expect from a band this big. // 9
Perfomance: After standing in 30 degree heat for six hours the audience was hungry for the Chilli's as soon as the stadium began filling up. Openers !!! were shit and the audience vented their frustration with thrown bottles but followers Ben Harper were excellent. Suddenly John, Flea and Chad exploded onto the stage into one of their impromto jams.
01. Can't Stop - amazing, one of the best recieved songs, everyone sang along.
02. Dani California - again the crowd went mad, great solo by John.
03. Scar Tissue - heartfully sang by Anthony.
04. Fortune Faded - got the crowd worked into a frenzy, a bit of moshing going on even.
05. 21st Century - a new song but well recieved by the crowd.
06. Don't Forget Me - again another great John solo.
07. Snow - another sing along crowd pleaser
08. Me And My Friends - I love this song but it seemed many people in the crowd didn't know it but I and many others around me were die hard fans and still knew most of the words.
09. Wet Sand - another new one well recieved.
10. Right On Time - excellent rapping by Antony.
11. Blood Sugar Sex Magik - one of my personal favourites but again it seemed like a lot of the crowd didn't know it.
12. Tell Me Baby - Antony forgot the lyrics and he made a secene about it at the end.
13. Californication - another sing along crowd pleaser.
14. By The Way - arowd went mad and there was a bit of moshing going on.
15. Under The Bridge - aell sang by Antony.
16. Give It Away - excellent end jam by John, Flea and Chad. // 9
Overall Impression: The tickets were 40 which is a lot of money but I would happily pay that much to see them again especially for the epic bottle/beer fight and throwing beer over crowd surfing chicks. I think it was the first ever gig that the Madjeski stadium ever out on and it was excellent with great facilities although food as usual was overpriced. When they come back to the Uk me and my friends will be front row. // 9