USA (Albuqerque), January 22, 2008 Review

artist: Saosin date: 01/25/2008 category: live concerts

Sign up to get weekly digest with top stories from UG. Ads free, only news.

Thanks for subscribing! Check your email soon for some great stories from UG

Saosin: USA (Albuqerque), January 22, 2008
All the sound was good, and all the bands played their best!
 Perfomance: 10
 9.5
review (1) 2 comments vote for this concert:
USA (Albuqerque), January 22, 2008 Reviewed by: screamokid, on january 25, 2008

Sound: This was my second time going to see Saosin (see other review), and I was extremely excited once again. The supporting bands were Meriwether, The Bled, and Armor For Sleep. I'm a huge AFS fan so this was going to be an awesome show for me. All the singers in the band sounded good and in key. There were obviously a lot of Gibsons and Fenders. Justin from Saosin played a Stevie Vai Ibanez though. All the sound was good, and all the bands played their best! // 10

Perfomance: Meriwether (the first band) sounded ok, but had no stage presence, therefore the crowd didn't do anything. My dumb friend tried to start a mosh and got looked at weird. The minute The Bled took the stage the crowd went completely nuts! Armor For Sleep was the same. I really enjoyed Armor For Sleep. Finally, the band everyone was wait for, Saosin! Set list: 01. Translating The Name 02. Some Sense Of Security 03. Bury Your Head 04. It's Far Better To Learn 05. I Can Tell 06. Seven Years 07. 3rd Measurement In C 08. They Perched On Their Stilts 09. Mookies Last Christmas 10. Come Close 11. You're Not Alone 12. Voices Encore: 13. Sleepers I probably forgot a few, because I think they played a few more unreleased demos. // 10

Overall Impression: This was on January 22nd, 2008 at the Sunshine Theater in Albuqerque, NM. I loved everything about the show, except for stupid hardcore dancers thinking they're all cool. It was annoying. Tickets were 15$ and I got to meet Ben from Armor For Sleep, and he told me he was excited to watch me crowd surf like 6 times and that was awesome. He's a personal hero of mine. I also met all of the Bled and they were way nice and it made everything awesome. I don't know if Saosin's coming back anytime soon, but I will go. Armor For Sleep and The Bled are coming back soon, The Bled in March, and Armor For Sleep in April and I already have tickets. Best concert I've been to in a while. // 10

More Saosin reviews rating latest review
+ USA (St. Paul), Febuary 2, 2008 9.9 03/13/2008