Apache review by Bare Knuckle Pickups

These pickups are based on the best of '50s Strat pickups from what I know so I'd guess the output level is low. I'm using this with a Legend LE10D amp and a Boss ME50. The sound is thin and very trebly (almost on the verge of being ice picky). Clean, the neck pickup has too much high end for me, I like a warm neck pickup. With the OD from the ME50 on, I get a really nice rock tone. With the gain on max, the lead tone is amazing. Middle pickup has life to it, I never really use it alone but when used in conjunction with either of the other 2, you can get a really nice crisp twangy tone. Bridge pickup, only thing I don't like about it is again, the lack of mids. Makes it sound really... weak.

I have these in all 3 positions in my MIM Strat (alder body, rosewood fretboard if that matters). These are certainly unique sounding, they have a lot more 'life' to them than stock pickups. But I don't really like them, I'd prefer slightly more fat sounding, I guess Vintage pickups aren't for me.

Yes, they are pickups, I'm sure they will last a very long time. Mine have a bit of rust around the pole pieces but I don't think that's affecting the sound at all. Durable stuff. The plastic covers that is. Very durable. As long as you don't spill any liquids onto it then they'll be fine.

DJENTYMOFO90
    i would like to put a set of warpigs in my esclipse-II standard. I was wondering if someone could tell me if its worth it. I'm looking for a very DJenty deep clear tone. I love the emg but they don't seem to do it for me. Thanks
    lespaulyman
    I've got the mules!!!they are the best pickups EVER!!!!!they sound exactly like slash,jimmy page,schenker and all the best guitarists from that era...truely amazing pickups!!!!!
    hippocrocopig
    BKP supplied me with a scratch-plate fully wired with Apaches and authentic vintage pots and caps. I slotted it into a nice quality Squier (no kidding !) and it totally transformed it. Very rich and bouncy-sounding. Tone you can almost taste! I love them. (btw: you can actually do that with some Squiers, which can be very good axes held back by crappy electrics).