Painkiller review by Bare Knuckle Pickups

Bare Knuckle Pickups: Painkiller

Purchased from: bareknuckle pickups.com

I'm mostly a hardcore/deathcore player, that also likes to fiddle with rock, and some other things. This pickup is unlike anything else I've ever played. It articulates so well, triplets tear through flesh, broken chords raze villages, and full chords with tons of gain still ring each string. Pinch harmonics are effortless. It's really bright with a clean setting, which my tone knob turns into a very rich, manageable ring. Coil splitting makes the tone of the pickup a mile wide of searing meaty tone. My setup is a Jericho Fusion > Joyo Comp > TC Electronics Dark Matter > Boss NS-2 > Peavey 6505+ 112 60w. The amount of gain this setup can now handle is absolutely ridiculous.

Will this withstand live playing? Absolutely. I got the gold pickup cover and it matches all my gold hardware and looks fantastic. I would definitely not worry about the reliability of this pickup. BKP team are very helpful guys as well.

I have been playing for about 11 years. I've played many pickups, the closest match being a SD invader. Passive/active EMGs, DiMarzio Evolution, SD SH-5 Custom, SD Active Blackouts AHB-1, EMG 707s, I've personally used all these and found nothing to come close. If it were stolen/lost, or if I were to get another guitar, I would definitely get another.