L-500XL Review

4,523
reviews (2) 2 comments vote for this gear:
L-500XL Reviewed by: ElementSkater1, on april 15, 2011

Purchased from: wildepickups.com

Sound: This pickup is hotter than hell when it comes to tone. The output is similar to an EMG, except it has much more clarity to it. I am running it in my ESP/LTD MH-103QM,(bridge), and my amp is a Peavey Valveking 112. The pickup has unbelievable clarity in the clean channel, and it can handle the Pantera, "Rip your Face off Distortion" really well. This pickups is crystal clear on the Treble side while keeping a fat, Bassy punch to it. This is a definate bridge position. // 10

Reliability & Durability: The pickup is a durable dual blade style humbucker. The quality parts didn't suprise me either. This is a very dependable pickups. The wires were well insulated and were fantastically bundled together. A very neat job. The pickup is a sleek Black and Chrome finished plasic housing. // 10

Overall Impression: I love the fact that it traveled from California to Pennsylvannia in a mere TWO DAYS!!! I only paid $50 dollars for it! A Dimebucker is double the price. Yet they are practically the same pickup. I have this in my LTD MH-103QM in the humbucker bridge position. I don't dislike anything about this pickup. // 10

Comments