D-Activator Bridge DP220 review by DiMarzio

DiMarzio: D-Activator Bridge DP220

Purchased from: Musicians Friend

This is a very powerful bridge [recomended] pickup. I think the output is 470 and the resistance is around 11.5 ohms. I am using a Peavey Bandit 112 with a Peavey Sheffield cab. This pickup was created in mind of an active curcuit; how the pickup is clear sounding and articulate. These get rid of the battery and the sterile edginess of most popular active pickups (i.e. EMG's). The D Activato brings out the treble and mids while keepingn the lows tight and cruchy, while being able to clean up very well on lower volumes without losing depth. They also stay articulate even in the lowest of tunings and dive-bombs.

I love the simple 4 Conductor wiring and the versatility of it. I don't hate anything about it. I installed it in every one of my Ibanez's: RG2EX2, RGR421EXFM, S5470 Prestige in the bridge position. I recomend it to anyone who loves active pickups but wants more versatility and convenience.

I've had this pickup set in my Ibanez RG2EX2 since 2007 so it's lasted 2 and a half years and seems like it will last (because it's passive). I gig frequently and play nonstop and they still sound the same as the day I put them in. I feel like I can definately depend on it for anything.

SCARLET_RAVEN
    yes, but i won't agree only with the sound, it's definetly 10! beutifull, singing and flowing sound (recomended neck option) for soloing and punching, highly articulative for riffs
    foxygrandpa
    I have these pickups. THEY ARE AWESOME! I swapped them into my shitty $200 ibanez and now it sounds good!
    Winman9999
    I like the bridge version but I hate the neck one, it just sounds bad to me, mine died tho, so I hap to replace it
    SeanX3187
    i usually play gibson stock pickups, because i like their tone and simplicity, ad although i'm not a big fan of dimarzio or seymour duncan or brands like that, i do agree that they sound very good and really improve your tone in certain areas.
    Mr_CiNiC
    Nameless742
    Mr_CiNiC wrote: I won't get it almost exclusively because he said "even for downtuning". Always in drop C, I need ones made for heaviness, like, say, I dunno... EMGs?? EMGs FTW.
    YA EMGs all the way!