D-Activator Neck And Bridge DP219/DP220 review by DiMarzio

DiMarzio: D-Activator Neck And Bridge DP219/DP220

These are high output pickups with a "round" and a rather smooth sound for such HOT pickups great for metal. The neck pickup has a lot of bass that sound great for palm muted riffs and rythms. The bridge pickup is a bit hotter as is the case with most bridge pickups and has a "throughty" sound when used for rythm playing.

I really like these pickups and the sound great for the type of music I play (Hard rock/Metal). They came standard on my Ibanez Iceman so I don't know how much the cost. There's really not much that I dislike about them, I've tried some Seymour Duncans and EMGs and I think these DiMarzios compare pretty well.

I'm sure these pickups will last a very long time, I've had them for more than 2 years and they have never failed me. Pickups aren't usually a concern when it comes to reliability, normally it's faulty wiring that cuases problems so I am confident that they will never let me down (although I always have a backup).

Vaeryx
    For you guys wondering if these are "good for metal" they do. These come stock in some of the Ibanez X-series guitars, which LOOK metal. I'm not just saying that because of what I saw, I had them and they were great for heavy stuff. They were lacking a bit in the bottom end though. But that's easily fixed with extra bass from your amp or EQ pedal.
    Almon2011
    I like these passive pickups coz i dont like active ones. Are they great for metal? do they have clean tone.?.g.