D-Sonic DP207 review by DiMarzio

DiMarzio: D-Sonic DP207

Purchased from: eBay

As should be expected, it's a pretty serious pickup. Not as high output as I expected (it looks very 'metullll'), but it's punchy and provides a suitable boost compared to the neck (Cruiser HB) and middle (Super Distortion singlecoil) on my guitar. I use it with a modified Fender Prosonic, and it sounds brilliant whatever the weather. Very middy- I always totally dial out the midrange when using it, unless I'm going for a QOTSA vibe- and also bloody powerful. Not the clearest or most detailed pickup, but neither is it just a blaring wall of sound. Works brilliantly for overdriven solos that you want to sing out, and also is surprisingly adept at nice picked parts. I am a recording artist. Recently did a recording of Bon Ivor's 'Flume' with it, and the picked part for the verse was a lot more pleasant than when played on my PRS Singlecut Trem (don't tell her, she'll get jealous). Personally I wouldn't use it for the neck or middle. This is a monster of a bridge pickup.

It looks awesome- DiMarzio pickups usually do- and even though the rail looks a bit odd, I'm a sucker for Allen bolts in a pickup. No little DiMarzio logo, but it's hardly the end of the world. It's all about how it sounds, right..? Don't really hate anything about it. It's just a good pickup, and used ones are a veritable bargain! I put it in my recently rebuilt American Deluxe HSS Strat. The guitar now wields 2 humbuckers and a singlecoil, with this heralding the bridge position loudly, clearly and very convincingly. Well worth a look!

It's as strongly built as a pickup can be. Conductor wire overall is thick and plenty of cable is sent your way to make the most of it. I have a feeling it will become a very strong part of my armoury.

MaestroMikhial
    I have this in my Jackson Dinky. I wanna say its a basswood body but I had no idea when I got it, so I don't now. Point of fact, it sounds amazing. I loves my prog metal and this shit ROARS. I have the magnetic strip towards the neck, started out towards the bridge but I found it's tighter and has much better attack with the rail towards the neck. BUY THIS ITS SO OSM