Dominion Neck And Bridge DP244/DP245 review by DiMarzio

DiMarzio: Dominion Neck And Bridge DP244/DP245

Specs: - Wiring: 4 conductor - Magnet: Ceramic - Output mV: 360 - DC Resistance: 16.50K ohms - Year of Introduction: 2012 - Patent: 5,908,998 Tone Guide: - Treble: 6.0 - Mid: 9.0 - Bass: 7.0 I have ran the Dominion pickups through a Peavey 5150/Marshall cab, Line 6 Bogner/Marshall cab as well as a Mark IV/Mesa Boogie cabinet. Each amp has a different voicing yet the pickups cut through each amp clearly. You can clearly hear the pick attack with each string and the harmonics seem to jump out regardless what amp you are using. The neck pickup is not to muddy so that you can hear the notes, but they don't sound to blurred together.

I installed this pickups in my Jackson USA Custom King V. After modifying it so that I have both pickups wire to only one volume knob(I don't use tone knobs) I absolutely feel in love with them. For the last 10 years I have been swearing by EMG's, but I think DiMarzio and Mark have finally turned me back to passive pickups! I installed both the Bridge and Neck Dominions and haven't had any regrets whatsoever! After using them for a few shows and recording with them I will be installing them in all of my guitars!

The pickups seem to last through out touring and recording and hold up to all the beatings I put them through. As a very aggressive player I tend to sweat a lot and gets in the pickups. I have had no problems whatsoever with these pickups and I am looking forward to getting my next pair with covers on to hear the difference the covers will make. Durability is always a very big thing when it comes to guitar pickups. Whether it be on the road or in the studio or just practicing I can always get a clean and clear tone that I can't get with other picks from the Dominions!